Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Paypal query – my account has been blocked?
  • MoreCashThanDash

Just got an email from “Paypal Services” telling me that my account has been blocked and I must log in to verify my billing records.

Not had this before – is it kosher or is it a scam/phishing exercise?

Anyone else had it?

MikeG

that will be a scam 🙂

edit, was it addressed to you by surname or just ‘paypal customer’ or similar? Paypal always address emails to me by name.

the-muffin-man

Don’t follow any links from the email!

Go to the proper PayPal site and log in there to see if all is well.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    tomhoward

Let me know your login details and I’ll check for you 😉

Cougar

If you have to ask, it’s a scam.

The links in the URL will be to “paypal-security.com” or some other horse; you’ll see in the browser’s status bar if you mouse-over them. If you’re convinced / concerned that it’s a genuine mail, go directly to the site using the address bar rather than following links.

MoreCashThanDash

Thanks all – just did the mouse-over thing, didn’t occur to me.

It appears that Paypal have outsourced stuff to “jleealbums.com” 😀

wwaswas

I’d run a virus/malware check too before logging onto paypal – make sure they haven’t already put a key logger on your pc.

(belt and braces I know!).

acehtn
    Free Member

Mrs Ace got pished/fished with a Yahoo acccount security update, same thing, re-enter account details to confirm.

She was shut out of her email, lost all her contacts, we all got emails saying she was abroad and in trouble and needed some money to get home 🙂

Since that happened i get emails from paypal and banks that i don’t use asking for detail updates 🙂

granny
    Free Member

Paypal locked my account in order to review and verify after I paid for something via my phone. I suppose the tight security is to be appreciated but they did fail to tell me the payment hadn’t been made, so I got a bit of a red-face when i chased the ebay seller for the item!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Paypal query – my account has been blocked?’ is closed to new replies.