Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • PayPal payment- Goods not as described
  • alexandersupertramp
    Free Member

Bought a GoPro Hero Session on the Facebook selling bit.
    Pictures were off a Hero 5 session and the description stated a £250 RRP and £450 RRP in the detailed description. Also mentioned the recording in 4k.
    Paid £190 then asked for an a additional £6 for the PayPal fees.

Camera delivered is a Hero Session and came with an invoice for £120.

Reply when I messaged about the wrong camera was that it said Hero Session in the deception and he wasn’t able to change the picture he used. He then deleted the add.

I have screen shots of the add and the conversation about the wrong camera. His tone has changed after I sent the screeen shots of his ad.now says he can’t refund as his has less than £100.

What do I do about returning the camera for a refund. Don’t trust him to refund if I return the camera. If I go through pay pal when do I return the camera?

jam-bo

I guess mention of fees means it wasn’t a PayPal gift.

So raise a dispute with them, goods not as described.

njee20
    Free Member

Yep, and just hang onto the camera for now, return when refunded.

alexandersupertramp
    Free Member

I have went through the Paypal bit but all it seemed to do was send a message to the seller. Have I completed the correct part?

Seller not replying now to my messages, I asked what address to return the camera.

Original Ad
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/WdTto1]Camera[/url] by Alpine160, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/WdTthj]Camera[/url] by Alpine160, on Flickr

What I received
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/WdTtfW]Camera[/url] by Alpine160, on Flickr

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

That’s how Paypal works – they encourage the seller to come to the party a bit & make good, before they step in if it’s not happening.

gixernick

When I have had issues before I’ve returned the item some form of signed for delivery. Then requested a refund. If you do not PayPal will eventually refund you and bill/pursue them

spooky_b329

I don’t think you need to return it yet. Check the Paypal site, it is probably giving a window for the seller to respond. If he fails to respond, (the best scenario) or gives an insufficient response, you can send the case for resolution and you should get a refund. Paypal may, or may not request that the camera is returned. I’ve had a couple of low value items where Paypal has refunded the item and just said to keep the item.

Add all the details on there such as the original advert being deleted, and keep all correspondence via paypal, not facebook messages/text etc.

oink1
    Free Member

DO NOT return it until PP instructs you to!

alexandersupertramp
    Free Member

oink1 – Member
    DO NOT return it until PP instructs you to!

Cool, don’t really trust him to refund without PayPal prompting him.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘PayPal payment- Goods not as described’ is closed to new replies.