Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • PayPal holding money
  • Flaperon

I have a balance of about £800 in my PayPal account, sitting there for laziness reasons mostly and because I thought the pound would fall further against the dollar.

Got an email a few days ago saying that they’d seen suspicious activity on my account (not that I can see, apart from my own payments), and a message saying it was locked because I’d received more than £1700 into it.

Completed the verification steps as requested but my account is still locked. I can’t withdraw the money from it, and PayPal have no phone numbers. Emailing results in a form response of “complete the steps on the website”… which I’ve done.

Since they’re in the UK, I’m assuming they’re regulated by the FSA. Is there a dispute process that can be opened to try to get my money back?

*Insert PayPal is shite rant here*

ianpinder
    Free Member

Flaperon: its the bit where you have recieved more then £1700, in this case they think you are a bisiness.

I had this problem and it was a simple matter of ringing them up to tell them that i was not a bisiness and they restored my account to normal working order

Flaperon

That’s the reason they’re giving, but I’m sure I’ve faxed them the details they need in the past.

It concerns me that they list steps on their “Resolution Centre” to remove the restrictions, but they’re all ticked as complete and the account is still locked.

Cheers,

Dave.

Edit – ah, found a phone number. 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘PayPal holding money’ is closed to new replies.