Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • paypal fees for gifts
  • righty
    Free Member

just trying to do a gift payment and it appears to want to cahrge me or the recievee, is this right???

davey_clayton
    Free Member

I think it depends how much the payment is. I received a gift payment of 110 recently and the sender had to pay fees. When I repaid 50% of the fee (a few pounds) there was no fee issued. I’m pretty sure I’ve sent gift payments up to about £50 without incurring a fee.

righty
    Free Member

this is only for £25

granny_ring

try paying it as personal payment money owed instead

righty
    Free Member

not the first time i have used paypal and have of course tried all the options 🙄

uplink
    Free Member

I’ve recently done a few deals without fee [£350] from someone on here a couple of weeks ago went though as granny_ring describes

Daffy

if it’s being sent using a credit card there is a fee to send as a gift. There is only no fee if it’s a direct transfer or debit card…checl your payment method.

stravaiger
    Free Member

PSA
    I made a payment as a gift recently – neither party was charged – but 11days later Paypal took the money out of the recipients account (blaming my bank – who say they know nothing about it)

I have sent a cheque – but I will now very nervous about sending goods on a “gift” payment (there is no dispute procedure on a gift)

righty
    Free Member

😳 that explains it, must have used up my balance

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘paypal fees for gifts’ is closed to new replies.