PayPal / eBay oddity

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • PayPal / eBay oddity
  • Premier Icon matt_outandabout
    Subscriber

I bought a bike bag from eBay on 8th.
    On the 9th the payment was ‘refused’ despite the account having more than enough balance. It transpires the refusal is from the sellers end.

The bag was posted promptly.

Now I’m going to make the payment again, to pay for the bag we now have.

Is there anyway this can be a scam of some kind?

tails

I’d wait until they ask for the money, you don’t want to pay twice.

Premier Icon matt_outandabout
    Subscriber

The buyer has asked if money had gone at my end. It did. But came back a day later.
    They now need/want paying.

personally i’d wait till it arrives then make payment again, after checking its not already gone through.

sorry reread that and it sounds likes it arrived already, speak to paypal, see what they say. At this point a rogue would keep the bag and paypal would side with you, as the seller shouldnt be posting until payment is received.

Subscriber

This was early December.

The payment definitely went and definitely came back. I can see it in my PayPal balance.

tails

Okay so the seller is asking for payment lol! I’d speak to PayPal to ask why it was returned

Subscriber

I did. All they can say is the seller refunded.

Odd.

Premier Icon Greybeard
    Subscriber

I think payment can be rejected if the recipient’s PayPal account isn’t properly set up. Email not verified, or no funding source linked, etc. I assume you’ve asked the seller why they refused it, maybe ask if they have received other payments successfully?

Premier Icon sandwicheater
    Subscriber

Is it a new seller? Could be they haven’t set up the account properly or just cocked up.

I’d get them to send you an Invoice via PayPal (not friends) for the payment.

Had something similar on a new seller, I paid but payment never collected (they registered PayPal email wrong, email ended couk and not co.uk). I’d received the item and as described. Checked with PayPal there was no way the first payment could be collected and they assured me there was not.

Ebay/PayPal said only option to pay was a new listing/cancel original listing or PayPal invoice.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.