Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Paul's cycles – any one use them? Are they ok to deal with?
  • geoffj

I’m VERY tempted by a bike they have, but I thought I’d check for any Dave Hinde / Mark Anthony type feedback before I hit buy.

Any horror stories to report?

Jamie
    Free Member

I heard they stole Christmas 🙁

tomhoward

Never used them, but never heard a bad word either.

Edit, apart from grinch related ones

johnnystorm

A couple of mates have had bikes from them. Bikes needed a bit of tweaking but nothing shady iirc. More warehouse than matey lbs experience.

Harry_the_Spider

Used them a lot when I ran the cycle to work scheme at my old work.

Can’t fault them.

geoffj

😕 I was hoping for bad news to put me off – looks like ill be treating myself to a new road bike 🙂

Harry_the_Spider

Go for it. I saved a wedge.

granny_ring

It is a big warehousey type thing but I’ve bought a couple of bikes from them a few years ago and both were fine.

j40aja
    Free Member

I bought a bike from them a few years ago.

Arrived well packaged as you’d expect, the usual mostly built up and simple to finish and get riding.
    I had an issue with the rear wheel which I had to return to get sorted which was simple and painless, I’d say the guy o the phone wasn’t the most helpful or polite but gave me all the info I needed to get me back riding as quickly as possible.

For the prices the sell for I’d recommend/use them in the future.

scaredypants

Fine for me, though I had no problems that needed sorting

That year, it seemed that November ran straight in to January – weird

willstaffs
    Free Member

I have had 2 bikes from them with no issues at all!

mtbtomo
    Free Member

Yep, I’ve had two or three bikes from them, no issues.

Don’t really know what kind of service you get – other than buy bike online, bike turns up in a box a few days later and you have to put the pedals on and sort the handlebars etc.

When I ordered, they wouldn’t deliver anywhere but the cardholder address, but that was the only slight issue if there were any.

I’d buy from them again in an instant if they had what I was after.

Moe

bought two bikes from there and took a friend over to get one and all good experieces. As has been said more of a warehouse but they were happy to let us try the bikes outside (just around Industrial estate but better than nothing).

lodious
    Free Member

Bought a giant defy from them at the start of summer, no issues, bike arrived on exactly the day I wanted. V.pleased.

gazza100

Bought my cannondale synapse from them last year. Helpful over the phone too and despite telling them my height / inside leg length they were pretty non committal as to what size and suggested I go to a dealer near where I live to make sure I get the correct size. They could’ve sold me something just to move stock but didn’t.

I’ve noticed that the paint on the top of the fork has bubbled slightly so I’ll need to call them and find out what they think about that. It’s still within the years warranty but my concern is whether it’s a problem with carbon or the paint. Will phone today and hopefully my experience of dealing with them will remain positive.

stu170
    Free Member

I got mine from them. Went in to try for size. They stuck some pedals on and let me try it round the estate. Few weeks later when out around thetford, the guy who sold me it stopped me and asked how everything was and adjusted the gearing to take up some cable stretch. Something I was happy to do when I got home to be honest. But never the less he still sorted it on the trail

swavis

Used them twice with no problems and would certainly buy from them again.

jekkyl

I had a bike from them no issues, although the forks had almost no air in them so check that.

chakaping
    Free Member

Had a couple of bikes from them, sorted little problems out well.

cannondaleking
    Free Member

I got my anthem x3 from them 3 moths ago my only gripe was they were not willing to go too the warehouse to get a cannondale flash 29er for me and I needed a bike that day other than that there great if you go in store they will give you honest no bull truth and don’t try in anyway too flannel you hence why I walked out with the anthem instead of saving my cash. I might add they were busy at the time so asking them too drive the 45 min round trip to there main ware house was pushing it a bit on my end 😳

unklehomered
    Free Member

long time ago used the, also had to get involved in warranty issue with said bike. Was all fine, maybe a bit lacking in comms, but nothing that left me with any negative impression, they were helpful when I was arranging the return.

chakaping
    Free Member

cannondaleking – you should have explained that their refusal would mean you having an inappropriate STW username

monkeychild
    Free Member

Had 2 bikes from them and saved massive amount of cash on both. I would buy from them again 🙂

zilog6128

I bought a Synapse hi-mod off them (old model), they only had one left (in my size) at a massive discount that brought it down to planet-x/ribble money so I thought why not! It turned up when it was supposed to, packaged well, no complaints. Would use them again.

cannondaleking
    Free Member

@ chakaping I know but don’t worry the other’s will make up for it 😆

I still want a flash but saving for a carbon one now 😆

slimjim78
    Free Member

I remember pawing over their GT LTS/RTS sections in MBUK back in the day.
    Good to see them still traing and knocking out comparative bargains.

cr500dom
    Free Member

They are about 9 miles away from me and I`ve brought a bike from them in the past with no problems.
    Helpful in the shop, but they are crazy busy most of the time.

I wanted to see a few bikes for the Mrs, and they didn’t want to get a load out and ready, which I was a little put out by……. and then I went over there and understood why !!
    Their unit is quite literally packed to the rafters with bikes, and that’s the retail unit.
    So for them to get 3 or 4 bikes over, unpacked and set up for a possible sale of 1 bike, was a lot of hassle, when they are shifting as much stock as they do.

Effectively, do your homework, decide what you want and order if they have it.
    Don’t expect the same level of 1 to 1 service as the LBS, that’s not what they are about.

I am a happy customer, and if they had what I wanted I would happily use them again.
    One of my mates I ride with has known all the guys there for donkeys years, they have been around a long time and are normally the first port of call for a lot of people locally who are looking for bikes

BoardinBob

Bike ordered from a them a couple of years ago. Amazing price and really quick delivery. Had a warranty claim with them earlier this year and it was dealt with quickly and easily.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Paul's cycles – any one use them? Are they ok to deal with?’ is closed to new replies.