Search the forum using the power of Google

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Patricks Parabox – 2D puzzle game
  • sirromj

Anyone played Patrick’s Parabox – “A mind-bending recursive puzzle game about boxes within boxes within boxes within boxes.” Price – £15 – a bit steep for a 2D puzzle game, but after playing the demo briefly this evening, I might have to!

Might be similar to Baba is You

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Played something similar a good few years ago when Flash games were a thing. It is fun but gets a bit samey after a while

sirromj

Flash games? The genre dates back to 8bit gaming at least! Saying it gets a bit samey is like saying suduko or crosswords get samey. I’ve been playing these sorts of 2d block pushing puzzle games on and off since then. Coded a remake of one. I haven’t seen recursion in them before though and thought it a really good addition. Definitely not an easy game, I find them very challenging. Currently stuck on an early level and just can’t see the way forward.

zilog6128

Made my brain hurt just watching the video 😂. £15 is nothing, I paid the same for Puzznic on disk for my Amstrad over 30 years ago 😀

sirromj

You should see what happens when you push a block with the exit you’re pushing it out of facing the exit you’re pushing it out of 😉

Completed the demo now, going to be my Christmas present to me then I guess! Early.

Haha yes. CPC464 owner. Never played Puzznic. I think Xor was about £7…

sirromj

Posting to this thread again as I’ve really been enjoying this game and can’t help thinking it’s the type of game a few people on here would like. It’s well worth the price. Give it a go if you like returning to unsolvable puzzles a few days later to only to discover their simplicity (not always the case).

So far though, the only other person I’ve convinced to play this game is my 6 year old son. He needs help with some of the more difficult puzzles but otherwise loves it.

Cougar

The game style is Sokoban.

Looks fun but, £15 sounds ambitious.

thols2
    Free Member

Price – £15 – a bit steep for a 2D puzzle game

Yes.

sirromj

You’re both wrong and obviously scared the game will be too difficult for you 😚

My boy is obsessed with it! It is a god of the genre.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Search the forum using the power of Google

Thanks for popping by - why not stay a while?IT'S FREE

Sign up as a Singletrack Member and you can leave comments on stories, use the classified ads, and post in our forums, do quizzes and more.

Join us, join in, it’s free, and fun.