Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Patio area + garden storage shed base
  • Gotama
    Free Member

I have a 3.5m by 3m space next to my existing shed which needs tidying up. I’ve also got a load of pea gravel left over, about a ton. Existing thought is to lay an ecobase LINK across the area. This would then be filled with pea gravel and would give me a stable patio area outside the existing shed as well as a solid base should I want to put a small garden storage shed down. I guess using the ecobase as a patio area isn’t what it was designed for but I can’t see any real issues with my plan? Thoughts, opinions or general suggestions welcome.

wwaswas

If you want to put chairs or tables on it won’t the legs just sink into the pea gravel?

I can see using it as somewhere that’s not going to get muddy for washign bikes on next to the shed but not the best surface to be trying to use as a patio.

Gotama
    Free Member

I can see using it as somewhere that’s not going to get muddy for washign bikes on next to the shed but not the best surface to be trying to use as a patio.

That’s what it’s going to be. Couldn’t think of a more appropriate word to describe it but patio is a bit misleading.

Besides, the gravel is held in little cases so it can’t displace to the side and should therefore support a chair fine I would have thought, albeit granted its not ideal.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Patio area + garden storage shed base’ is closed to new replies.