Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Patellar Tendonitis
  • kennyp
    Free Member

Anyone ever suffered from this? And if so what did you do to recover, and how long did it take?

I had severe shooting pains below the kneecap when put on the bike at the weekend, though I think the problem goes back a few months and stems from running rather than biking. Got some exercises from my physio (whom I should add is superb with cycling injuries if anyone in Edinburgh is looking for a physio) but just curious as to what other folk have done.

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

leg extensions with heels together and toes facing outwards, very strict and slow.
    what did your physio say?

mattir021
    Free Member

Might be worth trying insoles, even though it’s around the knee, they helped me no end.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    kennyp
    Free Member

Main thing he said was to do squats, slowly down, hold for 5 and back up. Gradually building them up. He also said though about building up the quads (which is what leg extensions do I think) and the calves.

He also said it was fine to keep cycling or walking, but not to allow myself to get to the point where it starts to hurt again.

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

try what I said every 5th day, its quite and unnatural movement but it works, all the best 🙂

kennyp
    Free Member

Cheers, will give that a try. Was planning to use my gym membership a bit more this winter anyway, but now I have a great reason to.

Will think about insoles too only problem is I would need to buy new shoes so a pricey experiment.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Patellar Tendonitis’ is closed to new replies.