Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Pasta recipes.
  • mrkstvnz
    Free Member

I only make the usual suspects. What do STWers do with theirs?

Bunnyhop

Boil up some penne pasta, while this is cooking….

Fry some bacon in a pan for 3 minutes on high heat (naughty but nice), add chopped spring onions, crushed garlic and some thinly sliced mushrooms.
    Cook for a few more minutes then turn heat down very low, pour in some single cream.

Voila!

Gary_M
    Free Member

top energy saving tip: when the pasta starts to boil turn off the heat. With the lid on the pan the pasta will cook in the hot water in 11 minutes.

chewkw
    Free Member

Chopped tomato or canned tomato
    herbs
    Olive oil (any oil will do for me)
    Onion
    Garlic
    Minced meat (any will do for me)
    Salt
    Sugar
    Bacon (optional)
    Red pepper/capsicum
    Cheese – whatever is available.
    Wine (optional)

Pasta any type …

Throw in the pasta once they are cooked into the stewing sauce and mix them up.

jwr

Salmon with pine nuts is one of my favourites. This serves 2 people:

Cook a couple of salmon fillets in the oven for about 15 minutes wrapped in foil and start the pasta at the appropriate time (trottole is good for this recipe).

Fry a small red onion with a bit of oil until soft. Just before it’s cooked throw in a handful of pine nuts to brown. Once they’re cooked add about 100ml of white wine and a tablespoon of wholegrain mustard. Stir and simmer for a few minutes to reduce.

Once the pasta and the salmon fillets are cooked stir in a couple of tablespoons of creme fraiche into the sauce. Crumble the salmon fillets into the sauce and serve onto the pasta. Top with smoked salmon trimmings.

midlifecrashes

Conchiglie alla burrino.

Medium chop biggish onion, slow fry to soften with lid(white works too).
    Slice cooking chorizo into 1/4″ rings, poach in glass of red wine.
    Add tin of tomatoes or carton of passata to onion.
    Salt and black pepper, any herbs you like or none.
    Big handful of frozen peas.
    Add the choizo/wine combo.
    Simmer.

Serve with pasta shells.

mrkstvnz
    Free Member

Cooked spaghetti .
    Pan with olive oil,garlic and chilli.
    Whip in the spaghetti .
    Done. Just a cheapo one I do a lot .

johndoh
    Free Member

PROPER carbonara (none of this adding cream malarky)

As you are boiling the pasta, fry some smoky bacon lardons in a little olive oil and some garlic (I also put some thinly sliced red onion but you aren’t really meant to if you are being authentic). When they are both cooked, drain the pasta and put it back in the warm pan with the bacon and pour over a couple of room temperature eggs, add a little freshly grated parmesan and season to taste.

If you want to be fancy, serve with the yolk of an additional egg in half an eggshell on the top for the eatee to pour over.

z1ppy

Gary_M – Member
    top energy saving tip: when the pasta starts to boil turn off the heat. With the lid on the pan the pasta will cook in the hot water in 11 minutes.

Aye, we just got a book on cooking in a more authentic italian style, and it suggested doing this though with a teatowel under the lid, though you bring the pasta to the boil for a 1 minute and leaving it for the rest of the cooking time.

Edit: The book [Anne Del Conte’s ITalian Kitchen) also said to cook “PROPER carbonara” as per johndoh’s way, & bloody lovely it is too! 😀

maccruiskeen

Sea bass and harrisa basically this recipe but with sea bass

Cooked spaghetti .
    Whip in the spaghetti .
    Done. Just a cheapo one I do a lot .

add some lemon zest and juice to that too.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

fry some smoked bacon bits, chopped onion and garlic until onions soft and bacon cooked
    add a tin of plum tomatoes
    lid on and simmer for 20 or so minutes, until tomatoes have dissolved to saucy consistency
    add a glass off red wine, cheap chianti works well and a sprinkle of dried chillis (not much, effect should be warm rather than hot)
    reduce until thick and saucy, a bit like myself
    chuck in some ripped up basil leaves just before serving

if the pasta isn’t spaghetti, maybe slice some mozarella put it over the pasta and sauce and stick under the grill for a minute or two to melt.

or

Whip in the spaghetti .

roast the garlic first then squeeze out the soft stuff

Gary_M
    Free Member

And then you put red onion in.

But yeh this is the ‘Coleman’ sauce recipe I use.

chambord
    Free Member

add a little freshly grated parmesan and season to taste.

I thought PROPER carbonara had pecorino in it, not this parmesan stuff.

tomaso
    Free Member

Big field mushrooms onions garlic and lots of herbs cooked super slow and low in a very heavy saucepan with lid on for 30+ minutes. It should produce a black jus. Stir into pasta and add parmesan.

Saute onions and add sliced chorizo sausage and brown. Add garlic and herbs fry for a minute and add glass of plonk. Reduce right down and add chopped tinned toms and heat thru and serve.

chickenman

Orzo served with a leg of lamb on the bone, shit loads of garlic, Passatta, rosemary cooked for frickin hours in a casserole dish….well it was her turn to cook!

Pickers

Cook your pasta to just short of done.
    While this is on, fry up some small pieces of chorizo and broccoli florets. Drain the pasta and pop into the frying pan, finish cooking. Toss in some chilli oil and pesto, onto a plate with some cheese.

edhornby

the silver spoon is the definitive Italian cooking bible, it’s given traditionally as a wedding present 🙂

alpin
    Free Member

mushrooms (300gr) thinly sliced and fried in butter with some garlic.
    splash of white wine, some vege stock
    sliced dried tomatoes (10 tommies?) in the pan. let it cook for a bit then spoon in some mascarpone (half a small tub) and add salt, pepper and white balsamico to taste.

done

mrkstvnz
    Free Member

Does anyone ravioli ? Tips please.

Bregante

edhornby that’s freaky, I’ve literally been given a copy of that book today!

weare138
    Free Member

I put a few black olives (the drier Moroccan style) through a garlic press, pop them into ice oil, add some chilli flakes and the toss the spaghetti into it. I also add some chopped spinach if I have some.

whippersnapper
    Free Member

Carbonnara done johndohs way up there ^^ (without the onion though) or Puttanesca – tomatoes, anchovies, olives, capers, chili and garlic.

Russell96

As per z1ppy,

Calculate one litre of water to every 125g of dried pasta. Bring the water to the boil; add a teaspoon of salt for every two litres of water and add the pasta. After it comes back to the boil let it continue boiling for three minutes. Turn off the heat, cover the saucepan with a towel and the lid, leave it for 5-8 minutes according to the thickness of the pasta, eg five minutes for spaghettini, eight for maccheroni rigati, which are short tubes, ridged and thick. At the end of this time the pasta should be just al dente.

The addition of a big lump of butter left to melt on the top of the pasta as it is served, or of a little olive oil put into the heated dish before the cooked pasta is turned into it, are both great improvements.

johndoh
    Free Member

And then you put red onion in.
    But I did say it is an extra I put in that makes it non-authentic

timidwheeler

Bacon (optional)

Have a word with yourself

ChubbyBlokeInLycra
    Free Member

job done

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Pasta recipes.’ is closed to new replies.