Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Passportes du Soleil – join some Basel based middle aged men for the weekend?
  • big_scot_nanny

slightly dodgy title, but thought I’d throw this out there.

Basically, we have a place free in our group. Passportes on Saturday from Champery. Friday fun in Les Gets, Sunday guiding in Villars with MTB villars.

Have a nice chalet booked for Thurs/Fri/Sat nights in Champery. Was group of 4 of us, with one bringing his misus and kids (so it’s not a hedonsitic fire breather of a weekend nightlife wise).

We all live in Basel, departing from there at latest 7pm Thursday.

Just throwing it out there in case anyone intersted in joining from the STW massive 😀

Could transfer just the passportes ticket to someone here for the going rate (50 euro’s I think), rather than just give it back to Passportes,if someone is desperate.

Let me know, some references might be a good idea if you fancy just so we know your not a mentalist. 😯

4th member of our party managed to separate his shoulder on Sunday at Uetliberg DH trail. plonker! but at least he got it on video!

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWY5FN6Joac [/video]

ton

Kev, you riding the ventana on the passportes?

big_scot_nanny

yup. main changes are setting up the suspension a bit softer, fitting a pair of WTB Dissents (as per the 29er tire thread recently), and a bashgaurd in place of the big ring.

I am truly, stunningly loving that bike, if I could just get the performance of the forks (’10 Reba 120mm) to match the excellent rear on the el cap.

**** me though, those Dissents are a massive pair of tires! the knobblies are mashoosive. Interestingly, they seat well on my Halo rims, but exploded off my American Classic AM rims in rather eciting style. Glad I found that out before we leave. 😯

Fancy coming ton? It’s (mostly) dowhill? 🙂

Kev

ton

Kev, i would have jumped at the chance any other year mate.
    but i am not up to it at all this year.
    a quick heads up regarding the forks, i ran a set of 130mm white brothers forks which were far more supple than the 120mm reba’s.
    might be worth a punt if you can get hold of a set.

big_scot_nanny

should’ve bought yours when I had the chance… 🙄 😆

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Passportes du Soleil – join some Basel based middle aged men for the weekend?’ is closed to new replies.