Viewing 14 posts - 81 through 94 (of 94 total)
  • Passporte du Soleil – who else is doing it?
  • Toombsy
    Free Member

me, you and 3898 others – sorry couldnt resist

really looking forward to it

starting on saturday at les gets

bike has had 8″ discs fitted and just got some armour from CRC the other day

nervous about some of the big dh bits

flap_jack
    Free Member

reply for EPIC and his Avoriaz start. We did that last year, drove up to collect the kit and drove back. Took best part of an hour. However, others have said that if you show you entry papers at the lift in Morzine they’ll let you on so you can take a quick detour into Avoriaz to pick up the kit. We’re staying in Morzine but have Les Gets starts so we’re going to try that trick on the Pleney lift.

Epic
    Free Member

flap_jack, cheers for the advice. We’ll try and get Nick to blag it I think.

Then again he’s a skinny XC bleeder who lapped at mayhem in around 50mins (against our 1hr 10’s), so I reckon he should be made to ride up to Avoriaz for his starter pack!

chakaping
    Free Member

Weather forecast seems to be improving now.

Keep your fingers and toes crossed everybody!

Buzzard
    Free Member

RunswithScissors

Are those entries still available – I’m thinking of a last minute fly and ride?

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Forecast still getting better .. dry for Saturday now! Come on just dry will be fine. Can’t wait now! Flying at 0630 hours tomorrow!!

chakaping
    Free Member

Have you lot all got liability insurance?

Apparently the website says it is a minimum requirement, and you must show a document proving you have it.

Turns out my Columbus policy with MTB add-on doesn’t cover liability.

snowslave

chapaking, you got a link to that requirement?

chakaping
    Free Member

http://www.passportesdusoleil.com/index.jsp?c=66006

Second paragraph in “Insurance” section.

amphibian
    Free Member

Chaka

I’ve got Columbus travel insurance and the policy document says it covers personal liability – might be worth checking again.
    The rules say you should have cover but can’t see where it says that you must show the document?

Andy

chakaping
    Free Member

Funny, I checked my documents and phoned them up and it specifically excludes liability.

Only bought it recently, perhaps they’ve changed their policies to rule liability out.

amphibian
    Free Member

Chaka, you were right about Columbus – it’s in the small print. Sorted 3 days cover inc. personal liability for biking from Endsleigh for £7.

chakaping
    Free Member

Nice one, will give them a bell tomorrow. Feel like I’m tempting fate having two insurance policies though!

Just discovered we don;t have any accomodation booked in Morgins, due to a bit of a cock-up. Tomorrow looks like being evern busier than expected.

RHSno2
    Free Member

Its gonna piss it down today. In fact it IS pissing it down as I look at the mountains of the Portes De Soleil from Lausanne. Mud tyres might be a good idea

Viewing 14 posts - 81 through 94 (of 94 total)

The topic ‘Passporte du Soleil – who else is doing it?’ is closed to new replies.