• This topic has 12 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by nbt.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Passport requirements after Brexit day.
  • tthew

The gov.uk info page seems to relate to no-deal issues still, but as we’re “getting brexit done” 🤮 without a complete ****storm come the end of the month, will I still need 6 months spare on my passport? My understanding is that won’t be necessary.

P-Jay
    Free Member

We keep FOM until the end of the 2 year transition period. I don’t actually know how that whole thing is progressing but I think it’s a safe bet we’ll be leaving via May1.1 at the end of the month 😔

chewkw
    Free Member

… will I still need 6 months spare on my passport? My understanding is that won’t be necessary.

As far as international travel is concerned, yes. Some countries might accept 3 months but if I can recall 6 months is the minimum.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

come the end of the month

Very little will change, come the end of the transition period in December mind things may change a lot.

Oh but if you don’t renew now your chances of getting a blue passport will be higher. I’ll let you make up your own mind as to whether that’s a plus or minus.

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

just remember any excess on passport expiry isnt passed on anymore which is annoying..
    so only renew when you need the passport otherwise you’ll lose the balance of days on the old passport

slowoldman

We keep FOM until the end of the 2 year transition period.

I thought our glorious leader’s plan was to get it all done and dusted in 1 year.

tthew

Cheers Gents, as I thought.

chewkw, for the EU only, not proper abroad but I wasn’t entirely clear.
    dangeourbrain, good point on the colour. Red suits my eyes better, but either way it’ll still be printed En Francias. Vive l’ imprimeur!🇫🇷

falkirk-mark

just remember any excess on passport expiry isnt passed on anymore which is annoying..
    so only renew when you need the passport otherwise you’ll lose the balance of days on the old passport

I didn’t realise that I will have to use my Irish passport until I have sod all left on my British one.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Ask lyingblohard, he’s in the Caribbean ATM with some chick so expect a slight delay in responce… if you actually get one.

Or, ask the Brexiteers on here, they have all the answers covered with an UG and a Shrug.

kerley
    Free Member

I thought our glorious leader’s plan was to get it all done and dusted in 1 year.

I think the transition period was based on an end Date, 31st December 2020, based on start of article 50 (prior to the extensions) The extensions have reduced the transition time as the end date remains the same.

ratherbeintobago

It’ll all depend on what’s agreed.

Most likely thing will be that holidays will remain visa free, I think, assuming we reciprocate.

DrJ

I think the transition period was based on an end Date, 31st December 2020, based on start of article 50 (prior to the extensions) The extensions have reduced the transition time as the end date remains the same.

‘exactly. Disappointing that people haven’t heard this – it’s not as if Boris “The Johnson” hasn’t been repeating it ad nauseam.

mrmo
    Free Member

There is no 2 year transition period, the extensions last year have whitled it down to December this year. Assuming no extension. Which as we are no longer in the EU is not covered by any legal agreement….

The EU is planning on introducing a visa waver as per us or oz. so it will cost, but not yet.

Obviously for now no change, end of next year, no more than 90days, 6 month validity on passport, work visas etc assuming current trajectory.

MoreCashThanDash

My brother in law was positively salivating at the idea of getting a blue passport this year when we saw him at Christmas.

He got a bit arsey when I pointed out all the French jobs that were secured in the passport deal.

nbt

Doesn’t the “transition period” actually depend on the withdrawal agreement actually being ratified by both the UK government and the EU? It’s likely to be ratified by the UK gov’t now that the Tories have a majority, but as Guy Verhofstadt says, the issues relating to the rights of EU citizens who wish to remain in the UK are still being discussed and could be a sticking point – if the deal isn’t ratified, we’re back to a no-deal brexit.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Passport requirements after Brexit day.’ is closed to new replies.