Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • pass of the cattle
  • ktmblag
    Free Member

as anyone pedalled this over to applecross? it must been britains most alpine like pass

jekkyl

where’s this?

Gary_M
    Free Member

On road? Yes I’ve ridden the bealach na ba on the bealach mor sportive. I enjoy climbing and I’m reasonably good at it so I enjoyed the climb. Hardest bit is the 2 mile straight section. It’s a wonderful climb and the views are stunning.

It’s up at applecross.

Gary_M
    Free Member

And once you get to the hairpins the hard work is done.

kennyp
    Free Member

I’ve done it on the road bike. Tough, but brilliant fun, although you really need to be a cyclist to appreciate the “pain is fun” thing. The bottom half is easy. The tough bit is the long straight drag to near the top. The hairpins look daunting but are actually quite easy. Oh, and the descent is awesome. And the Applecross Inn does fantastic seafood.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I WAS going to do it a couple of years ago on the FS with the aim of going to the mast to see the view but it was misty & snowing so I chickened out didn’t bother.

jekkyl

Thanks for not answering my question least anyone fancies riding an alpine road in the UK. It’s in wester Ross in the Highlands.

iain65
    Free Member

I did it about 25 years ago (!), well worth it and I still bore the kids with the story every time a picture of it comes up. I did it just as the road was built around the north peninsula that you can continue on from Applecross, it’s also well worth a ride but hard as it’s up and down the whole way.

mt
    Free Member

Done the circuit from Shieldig, good ride. do it.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Thanks for not answering my question least anyone fancies riding an alpine road in the UK. It’s in wester Ross in the Highlands.

What do you mean? You asked where it was, I said applecross.

jekkyl

Thanks but didn’t really help. Something along the lines of country and county. But it’s cool I found it, the pics of look awesome.

Gary_M
    Free Member

I find google quite good for stuff like that.

kennyp
    Free Member

Thanks but didn’t really help. Something along the lines of country and county. But it’s cool I found it, the pics of look awesome.

About 15 seconds on Google would have told you the answer surely? Plus, in the British cycling world it is a hugely well known road. Don’t think it was unreasonable that people assumed everyone knows where Applecross is.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘pass of the cattle’ is closed to new replies.