Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • PDS family holiday
  • jimplops

Starting to plan next year’s summer hol, as the little guy will be a year old, and my wife has never been thought maybe drive to morzine for a week take both bikes and trailer for the little guy, so question is having never been there with a family (did a few years on the bounce years ago) is this a good idea, is there plenty for families to do.

Cheers

atlaz
    Free Member

No idea but I think the answer is yes if they like outdoorsy stuff. If you look at the tourism websites for the resorts it’ll no doubt talk about forest walks, swimming in pools and lakes and cycling etc.

igm

My two love it but they didn’t go until they were 3 which meant they could go on daddy’s bike on the (tamer) downhills. Last year the then 3 year old was on my bike while the then 8 year old was on his own bike (and dropping his mum on the downhills – mum has requested a longer travel bike for this year).

Lots of pottering about stuff, but Annecy was better when the younger one was 2.

Aquariaz is a fun kids swimming pool in Avoriaz.

Riding the lifts can be fun for little ones and a walker’s pass is dead cheap.

The rest is kind of weather dependent.

Furious

My kids think it’s the best family holiday we’ve had and they don’t even ‘bike’ (it may have been because I was away biking every other day…)

+1 for the pool at Avoriaz

Also if the weather is good then Lac Montriond is a great place to spend the day

jimplops

Cheers, will start coming up with a plan.

jambalaya
    Free Member

At 1 you want a holiday which works for you and the wife and which looking after junior is easy. At that age we focused on villas / accommodation with a pool and good shade. If you go to Morzine PdS would can do a few cheeky bike rides but what’s in it for the Mrs ? Hiking with kids in a back pack, not sure ? Pulling them round in a trailer, likewise.

jimplops

That’s the sort of thing we’re thinking of, both of us bike so pulling little guy on a trailer some days would be good, plus chill out spots.

pigeonthing
    Free Member

its great…loads to do…if you have a car makes it easier..when it rains it really goes for it though…another similar thread on here at mo…

jimplops

Yeah we’re going to drive over as the amount of gear we’ll need, plus my wife doesn’t really like flying.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘PDS family holiday’ is closed to new replies.