• This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated 11 years ago by aP.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Party-wall-track world – help with writing a letter
  • freeagent
    Free Member

Need a quick bit of advice from someone who knows about this stuff –
    We currently live in a 2-bed semi-detached bungalow, and intend to build a single storey rear extension, and dorma loft conversion.
    This has been discussed at length with my neighbour, who is fine with it, Certificate of lawfullness has been issued by the council, and I now have my construction drawings so it is time to do the party wall agreement.
    the works will involve inserting beams into the party wall, and removing the joint chimney stack (he doesn’t use, it and will be glad to see it go) and excavations to put down foundations for our new extension.
    therefore, the works fall under two different sections of the act (section 2 – works on existing party wall, and section 6 – excavation near neighbours property)
    Would I be better off doing two different letters?

The ‘communities and local government’ booklet I’m working from has letter templates, which i’m using, and it is suggested that I recommend a surveyor should my neighbour wish to use one – I don’t know any surveyors (we’ve used an architect) is it OK to leave this out?

cheers in advance – i’m getting a bit stressed about this – even though i’m sure he’ll be cool with it.

aP
    Free Member

Look at “Pyramus & Thisbee” for reasonable advice.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Party-wall-track world – help with writing a letter’ is closed to new replies.