Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 145 total)
  • Parkrun
  • cchris2lou

stayed the same at 21.43 .
    more training needed .

bellerophon
    Free Member

bugger, nearest one to me is 60 odd miles away in Edinburgh 🙁 mind you my lunchtime run is 3miles, currently doing just sub 24mins, aiming to get down to 20mins

cchris2lou

21.57 this morning , really to start intervals training this week.

RichJJ
    Free Member

20.34 today, just had PB’s for the last 3 weeks in a row, well chuffed. doing a run midweek for the last 4 or 5 weeks seems to have helped. Also just bought a Garmin Foreruner 205 (always used a 205 Edge on the bike) I find this a great help as you know what your average pace is. 90 quid new from Amazon.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

I need to improve my speed a bit, 23.15 today and my PB was 23.10.

Still got work to do

RichJJ
    Free Member

Its a bummer when you get that close to your PB. 1 second faster on each K… I’ve matched my PB to the exact second before and spent the whole day in a foul mood, not that I take it seriously or anything, just a bit of cross training for the Bike !!

molgrips
    Free Member

Got a 5km race to do in Cardiff tomorrow morning. Hoping for under 22m. It’s dead flat so should help somewhat.

RichJJ
    Free Member

Could be a bit wet tomorrow though. Good luck, 22 should be doable in a race atmosphere on the flat. Is it road or off road ?

molgrips
    Free Member

Cheers… It’s entirely within Bute Park, which makes it either smooth tarmac or smooth hardpack gravelly trails. I reckon it should be fast.

I did 22m33 a few weeks ago on the street with crossing roads, taking wrong turnings, inclines etc etc, but I reckon that was a freak of a day!

RichJJ
    Free Member

Pot of coffee and away you go !!

RichJJ
    Free Member

Double post !

cchris2lou

i have a 305 and it is a great tool .
    matched my pb to the second 2 weeks in a row , wasnt impressed .

cant wait for next saturday now .

RichJJ
    Free Member

You’re doing well in the points competition Chris.

cchris2lou

thanks but it is a new parkrun , so not too crowded at the moment .

whytetrash

Anybody interested in this in North Wales?, may set one up here at MarshTracks, our circuit has been accurately measured and is quick, 5k on friday was won with 15.05 🙄

I did a 20.02…I’m a rider not a runner though and got 2nd over 40 so was chuffed, think we’d be happy to run one if demand exists…get in touch

RDL-82
    Free Member

Looks fun…just need this bloody cold to go now :-/

Some fast times going on here, I can manage a sub 25 but I’m blowing out of every orifice by then!

molgrips
    Free Member

About 23’30 today. Really went for it, pretty tired, but not a very good pace. Ah well. That’s poor preparation for you.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Good shout that thanks. There is even one around a mile from here.

thehillsofsomerset
    Free Member

I do the Bristol one, straight up a massive hill and back down again. Not exactly a PB course, but is fun and well organised.

cchris2lou

some of the times are amazing . at the one in Poole , 14 runners were under 16min this week .

I like parkrun as you just turn up , do your run and go home . 3 hours later you get an email with all the results . and it is free .

I have been looking at entering some running races and most of them cost between £15 and £20 , which I find very expensive . I could not afford that every week end .

the only negative point for me is the fact that they are always on a saturday . fo example , we have bexley and greenwhich which are a few miles apart . they should do one on a saturday and the other on a sunday , I would happily run both , and I am sure a lot more people would too .

Jamie
    Free Member

I have been looking at entering some running races and most of them cost between £15 and £20 , which I find very expensive . I could not afford that every week end .

If you join your local running club, you will normally save £2 off most events. Not a massive amount, but adds up if you do a few events a year.

Personally, I only do a few events a year, and these are more for the social side of things or if the route is pretty special/scenic. For example, I am doing the Chatsworth 10k in May, as it’s an excuse to visit my sis as she lives in Sheff, and the route is supposed to be very scenic.

….to be honest, £15-£20 is the bottom tier of race prices these days. I think when I did the Great Yorkshire Run 10k a couple of years ago, it was £25ish.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I was supposed to do the Goring 10k this morning… it was snowing, I was hungover… I stayed in bed.

Mol – Do they have the cash machine break in the parkruns?

Jamie
    Free Member

I was supposed to do the Goring 10k this morning… it was snowing, I was hungover… I stayed in bed.

😐

IanMunro
    Free Member

If you join your local running club, you will normally save £2 off most events. Not a massive amount, but adds up if you do a few events a year.

Plus you get the opportunity to enter inter-club league races which are normally free.

Jamie
    Free Member

Plus you get the opportunity to enter inter-club league races which are normally free.

Good point. Forgot about the inter-club tournaments.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

😐

Indeed Jamie. I’m not a slave to exercise though…

Jamie
    Free Member

I’m not a slave to exercise though..

😐

molgrips
    Free Member

Yeti, want to go for a day of lab testing?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

When… how much??

molgrips
    Free Member

Dunno when, dunno how much either. The more people we get the cheaper it gets 🙂

IanMunro
    Free Member

Does it involve smoking 500 Marlboros , and a beagle having a day off?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

They do them free for Oxford Uni Sports teams but don’t have a price for people not part of the Uni… I’ll investigate further… what were you thinking V02? Body composition?

cchris2lou

if not far from me , count me in for a day of testing .

cchris2lou

new pb this morning , 21.20 . and leading the point table !

RichJJ
    Free Member

20.54 and 7th in the points. 5 runs into our year and points leader has 500 points 8O.

cchris2lou

well done Rich .

just read the Garminb data and totally collapsed on 3km , before recovering a little on the final .

really annoyed I am going to miss 3 runs end of march , beginning of april .

RichJJ
    Free Member

I was working that out last week too. Weekend in Glentress in May, work trip away for two weeks at the end of this month, weekend away with friends in April, away for a Bank Holiday weekend in May… You’ll have to volunteer to write the race report when you are away and get the volunteer points !! 😀

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Results in already for our Park Run.

New PB 22.38 (very chuffed)

richteabiscuit
    Free Member

Congrats on the PB JC.
    I was 22.13 at mine, 35secs quicker than my last effort but still some way off my 20.38 PB from last July.

ross980
    Free Member

Never heard of Parkrun until reading this thread, what a fantastic idea. Turns out there’s one 2 miles from my house too. Perfect motivation for trying a little bit harder instead of plodding on my normal runs, will definitely give it a go.
    Thank OP (and the person who posted the link)

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 145 total)

The topic ‘Parkrun’ is closed to new replies.