Parking Ticket- Hope Valley/Edale- is this reasonable grounds to appeal?

Home Forum Bike Forum Parking Ticket- Hope Valley/Edale- is this reasonable grounds to appeal?

Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)
  • Parking Ticket- Hope Valley/Edale- is this reasonable grounds to appeal?
  • Premier Icon stilltortoise
    Subscriber

Why don’t these sorts of places, not just let you put money in the machine when you leave. That way you would be sure not to under pay.

I have thought the same of every car park

Premier Icon stilltortoise
    Subscriber

S Works. That is without doubt the most bizarre piece of disproportionnate cod-legal tosserism I have ever read. Astounding, unbelievable, responsibility-evading, ruining-everything-for-everyone bollocks made of hand-engraved bollock-kryptonite and set with big knob-off fat 48carat brilliant-cut conflict diamonds mined with child slave labour in the giant bollock-mines of bollockdom. I salute in awe-struck wonder the sheer majestic size and depth of the gaping void where the sense of proportion and dignity belongs in anyone who would seriously entertain sending such a ludicrous letter because they didn’t want to pay for over-staying in a carpark and were willing to lie about it.

You said it so much better than I could have managed

hora

I have thought the same of every car park

Technology/the law of upgrades reaches even non-cyclists…

Premier Icon jam bo
    Subscriber

Which PPC, what approach did you take and what was their reason for cancelling?

Civil enforcement Ltd.

they didnt have a leg to stand on, I had proof of phoning them to make payment, I had proof of them taking the payment from my card. I politely informed them where they could poke their enforcement notice…

Premier Icon BoardinBob
    Subscriber

Well done. Backed up by strong evidence.

hora

Paid. Just an observation, on the ticket itself they noted my tax disc number and expiry date 😕 I guess if you’ve nowt to fear fine but what if your a day or two over- bet that info would be past straight onto the DVLA!

jackthedog

The DVLA already have that info.

hora

So whys it marked on the ticket (as in a rellevent point?)

jackthedog

Who knows.

Premier Icon funkynick
    Subscriber

It’s for proof that it is actually that particular car, and not some other car with hookie plates.

Stops people claiming that their car was at home and it must have been someone who copied/stole their numberplate.

uplink

So whys it marked on the ticket (as in a rellevent point?)

verification that the parking operative didn’t make a typo with the reg number?

Why don’t these sorts of places, not just let you put money in the machine when you leave. That way you would be sure not to under pay.

A pre-pay meter is cheap & easy – paying as you leave requires more machines & barriers

hora

Ah good point guys.

I agree- pay when you leave would be perfect although I suspect the costs would have to include auto-barrier etc.

uplink

I don’t – however – see why car parks don’t start introducing SMS text payments
    You text your reg number when you arrive & then text it again when you leave & the money either gets taken via your phone bill or via a pre-authorised card

Premier Icon BoardinBob
    Subscriber

Not everyone has a mobile phone

What if you can’t get a signal?

What if you don’t have any credit?

What if your battery’s dead?

uplink

Not everyone has a mobile phone

What if you can’t get a signal?

What if you don’t have any credit?

What if your battery’s dead?

You use the pre-pay meter
    I’ve seen it somewhere – but can’t remember where

breatheeasy

Prepay meters are ‘good’ for income. Normally you would always pay for extra. If you leave early and someone takes your spot then they’re effectively getting two payments for the same parking place. And obviously the cheapest method of extracting cash.

Always wondered these days with plain paper tickets, a scanner and a modicum of photoshop expertise whether you could just scan an old ticket in, amend the times and use it the next week? Obviously, not that I’d condone that sort of behaviour…..

Digimap

FWIW the day rate in that particular car park is £3.50. Sounds pretty reasonable to me so perhaps the solution to the original post would have been grubbing about for an extra 50p. Adding SMS based payments on top of the existing system isn’t gonna make it any cheaper to park!

Premier Icon takisawa2
    Subscriber

Just out of interest…if I was to remove my number plates,tax disc & any other identifying marks before leaving my un-ticketed car, what would they put on the parking ticket ?

I’m assuming a car-park is not technically a highway, & therefore leaving my vehicle with no plates on isnt an offence…?

hora

Bet they have a local tow truck on call for that scenario!

Premier Icon takisawa2
    Subscriber

I parked at the M1 Toddington services the other week. Met up with a customer, left the car then headed off in his car to his customer in London. I was aware I had to pay so put the reg no into the machine & up pops a perfect photo of me entering the services, along with the reg no enhanced. I mentioned it to a chap in the shop & he told me they do number plate recognition on every vehicle entering the services.
    Any that go over 2 hours without having paid are automatically issued with a £50 fine…
    It cost me £8 for the day incidentally, & that’s on top of the £6 bacon bap & £4 cup of coffee.
    Oh, & a bottle of Oasis…£3.49…robbing tossers.

RudeBoy

Is this reasonable grounds to appeal on?

Yeah, go on. I’m sure the car park people would like a good laugh…

racing_ralph

hora – Member

Bank holiday Monday, I put £3 on the meter (as I didnt think I would be more than 3hours). Get back late and theres a ticket on. Now, my arguement is I didnt think I would get lost twice on the loop. Due to the nature of the area/sort of parkers’ that the area attracts that you cant always be sure how long you will be out? I.e. I was NOT evading paying extra. Is this reasonable grounds to appeal on?

Go on, flame me etc. I just feel abitt miffed.

Tough shit

Premier Icon MoreCashThanDash
    Subscriber

fwiw – a few years ago we went walking from Edale – parked up, bought ticket, went to the loo, kitted up, got 5 miles into the walk, found the ticket in my pocket…

Got back to the car – found a fine on the windscreen. So I sent them a cheque, the ticket I’d bought but not displayed, and a nice letter explaining the circs. I got a nicer letter back with the cheque returned.

I like High Peak Borough Council parking fines division! (Though I’m anally retentive about parking tickets now!)

S_Works

Din’t try my letter then…………..

G

numbnuts

I have worked in edale several times and often wondered how strict the councils were on the parking front. Its only a fiver for the whole day much cheeper than parking in a city centre or the same amount as you would spend in the pub at the end of a ride. Just pay the fine take it as a lesson learn’t oh and learn to navigte 🙂

RudeBoy

S-Works; I think Big Dummy had it right, tbh, regarding your ‘letter’.

You’d fall down, when challenged to prove who was actually ‘driving’ the vehicle, and besides, unless your car is registered and insured as a hire/3rd party use vehicle, I’m pretty sure you’d be liable for any fines.

Hora’s been a numpty,and does not in any way have a leg to stand on, legally. He should just pay up, and address his numptitude.

Premier Icon BoardinBob
    Subscriber

You’d fall down, when challenged to prove who was actually ‘driving’ the vehicle, and besides, unless your car is registered and insured as a hire/3rd party use vehicle, I’m pretty sure you’d be liable for any fines.

S-works letter related to tickets issued on private land by private parking companies.

The registered keeper is under absolutely no legal obligation to identify the driver at the time to a private parking company.

Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)

The topic ‘Parking Ticket- Hope Valley/Edale- is this reasonable grounds to appeal?’ is closed to new replies.