Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Parking near Union Chapel, Islington, That There London
  • bigblackshed

STParkingWorld

This here being the font of all knowledge, I’ve got a gig at Union Chapel, Islington, on this coming Tuesday. Any recommendations for easy parking?

I’m quite prepared to park further out and hop on a tube. I’ll be coming in on either the M4 or M40.

I know absolutely nothing about That There London except it has a magic train tunnel that takes you from one place to another, but where everywhere is in relation to each other, not a clue.

#countrybumpkin

jeffl

Lovely venue. When I’ve gone there I’ve always taken the tube. I’d look at parking at Ruislip or Uxbridge and getting the tube in the rest of the way.

Google maps will tell you which trains to get. But basically get to St Pancras / Kings Cross and change for the Victoria Line up to Highbury and Islington.

timmys

If you wanted to drive all the way in then local-ish parking should be fine. You don’t need a residents parking permit after 6:30pm in the residential streets*.

*this advice does not apply if it’s a match day at the Emirates, but it’s not.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    bigblackshed

Ah, the driving all the way in is now off the table. I’ve got an evil diesel, so congestion charge plus pollution tax. Might as well do the tube, plus I hate driving in London.

towzer

We use either the JustPark or yourparkingspace Web sites in conjunction with tube line maps / rail line maps and where is easy to drive to and where we are going and see if we can get it to join up

Eg. to use Eurostar we are parking v near Hillingdon station, easy m40 and direct tube to kcsp,

CountZero

Me and my gigging mate gave up on trying to park anywhere in London, far too much hassle and time involved, and that was before congestion zones. We’ve used JustPark for a few years now, coming in on the M4, but most of the ones we used to use are no longer operating.

The most recent trip my mate found one at a sailing club behind a filling station on the Great West Way, which did involve driving right to Hammersmith, turning under the overpass and driving back, and the space is behind the filling station just before the roundabout. It’s confusing, you actually have to turn off and drive through the forecourt then left down a little road to pretty much a dead-end by some gates overlooking the river.
    The address is 60 Upper Mall, Hammersmith, W6 9TD.

It’s a bit of a hike back along to Hammersmith, and again at night going home, but it has the advantage of just driving straight out onto Great West Way then onto the roundabout.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.