Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Parking, N Chilterns
  • Moses

Does anyone know about the parking in the woodland N of Berkhamstead, arounfd the Ashridge area?
    Are there height barriers? Will anyone object to vans left there overnight? Or can you recommend a quiet place to park up a camper for a long evening, in that general area?

Thanks all.

andrewreay

No real restrictions – there are loads of car parks and lay-bys all around woods, so you can take your pick.

As a starter for 10, there is some decent parking around the junction between the B4506 and Tom’s Hill Road (you can see some of the options on Google Maps satellite view). And that’s a great place to start a ride.

br
    Free Member

Here:

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&ll=51.830653,-0.602274&spn=0.004058,0.009871&t=h&z=17

Big open grassland area sat on top of the escarpment – lots of MTBing around too 🙂

Moses

Excellent. Ta for your help!

curtisthecat
    Free Member

I live in berkhamsted and would be wary of parking up on berkhamsted common/toms hill. I would be more inclined to park closer to town and ride up. I live next to the canal and lots of boaters leave their cars/vans etc, however this can piss the locals of as parking is limited. The road by The Old Mill pub can be ok or head out to northchurch and park up around the leisure centre on the street.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Parking, N Chilterns’ is closed to new replies.