Viewing 2 posts - 41 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • parking meters at hospitals…………..
  • Spongebob
    Free Member

Isn’t free parking available, or being introduced in Scotland?

Hospital parking charges are immoral.

I paid to park while my father died. Four days at £6 a day (Norwich). I didn’t give it a thought until after the event. The hospital must have made £100 out of us all being there (several cars as we all live in different directions and a long way).

Imagine having a longterm sick relative and being strapped for cash??

It used to be free to park in a hospital car park. If Scotland gets this privilidge and we have a true National Health System, the same should happen across the country.

I’m not holding my breath.

ourmaninthenorth

I wondered what it was, now it’s clear, it’s another way of ‘selling off’ services.

That’s not quite true – it’s another form of central and local authority outsourcing.

PFI’s been around for quite some time. While Brown gets a hammering, because so much infrastructure work has gone off balance sheet (and provided profits to private sector contractors), its origins go way back into the previous Conservative governments of the 80s and 90s.

It’s by no means an ideal solution (I disagree strongly that any publi “services” should be available for private sector profit), it does mean that lots of works that would otherwise have joined a very large queue for public sector capital have now been built. most notably schools and hospitals infrasrtructure.

Sadly, though, the model requires private sector financing (“private” finance initiative), and since there’s a dearth of bank lending right now, it means that large PFI projects near to financial close are now hanging in the balance – the Treasury has offered some cash to certain projects, as the cost of losing them would be greater than the cost of finan cing them in the short term….

Viewing 2 posts - 41 through 42 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘parking meters at hospitals…………..’ is closed to new replies.