Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • parking in Poole (Dorset)
  • rufus748
    Free Member

Looking for some local knowledge.
    I’m off to France to watch the tour beginning off July leaving from Poole. I need somewhere ideally free and safe to leave the car for a week. Not being local I haven’t got a clue.
    Anybody offer any suggestions?
    Cheers.

faustus

A week is a long time to leave it in a random street. There is parking in the Hamworthy area near(ish) the port, and I have parked there before for 2 days when taking a ferry. But then I didn’t care much about the car! It’s also fairly close to one of the roughest estates in Dorset: Turlin Moor, and you really wouldn’t leave your car for that long near there…

You could take a punt in one of the back roads of Hamworthy, otherwise it’s £7 a day in the long term parking at the port, which is pretty cheap to be honest.

jambalaya
    Free Member

As above, Poole itself is remarkably rough. The town Quay on a Saturday night isn’t a centre of cultural excellence. The Ferry leaves from Hamworthy which is separated from the main part of the town and from memory the residents/authorities are wise to people wanting to leave their cars in side streets so it’s all controlled parking.

Can you get a mate to drop you at a train station somewhere ?

rufus748
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies. Pretty much as I guessed, typical port with limited parking. Can’t catch a train as the earliest train arrives 30 mins after the ferry leaves..! I don’t mind a 15-20 mile cycle if that opens up the options?

allthepies
    Free Member

Someone’s house (with their consent 🙂 )?

https://www.parkatmyhouse.com/

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘parking in Poole (Dorset)’ is closed to new replies.