Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Parking in Chinley query
  • carlos
    Free Member

Just after some local’s advice as to parking in Chinley as an alternative to starting in Whaley Bridge or Hayfield.

Is the Aldi car-park one that only allows parking for a couple of hours and you have to enter your registration in store or are there no posted restrictions. From memory last time I went in the pub on the same site there was no signage threatening to clamp or tow vehicles away

TIA
    Carlos

itsonlymelee
    Free Member

Don’t think there’s any restrictions on Aldi parking, certainly nothing you have to do instore. Often see wagons parked up there overnight and have seen the occasional bike being loaded into a boot. The pub part of the car park on the right may be different.

Alternatively there’s some unrestricted parking just off the main road (Hayfield Road) by Chinley Chapel. If heading from Ferodo roundabout towards Hayfield, turn right as you go under the Railway bridge at the top of the hill – think it’s signposted Wash.

Edit: here’s where I was referring to https://goo.gl/maps/5WdarFtFG8o

carlos
    Free Member

Actually, its Aldi just outside Chapel, not Chinley

MartynS

No restrictions at the Aldi

Out of interest where would you head from there?

BadlyWiredDog

I wouldn’t personally park at Aldi mostly because you then have to ride some slightly unpleasant stretches of road to get anywhere else. If you want to park in Chinley, then the bridge over the A6 just up the the Old Hall is as good as anywhere and gets used a fair bit.

There’s also a local’s car park off the main road that runs through Chinley, which is Lower Lane. Entrance is next to the butcher’s shop I think. I’ve parked there when visiting mates in Chinley and had no issues.

That turning under the railway bridge towards the Wash is quite nasty to get out from thanks to limited visibilituy.

carlos
    Free Member

Cool. Was thinking about up towards Wash, but thought that might upset the local community as its only a lane. We’d be looking at now and again, max 3 cars for 3hrs so reasonably covert. Might try Aldi and check for signs or even pop in the pub and ask, then in for a pint after.

Cheers
    Carlos

carlos
    Free Member

MartynS – Prob head off up Beet Lane or the other track running parallel to the railway and eventually onto Jacobs or Rushup. Could loop left and get in Middle Moor, finishing on Cracken and the tramway.

We normally start a ride from Whaley if over that way, and head left along the canal to Furness Vale and up over Ollersett into Hayfield, or up Beet Lane etc.. but that a bit of a time magnet along the Peak Tramway to Chinley.

BWD – Right out of the car-park and right onto Bowden Lane keeps you off the most of the road then just a short bit before turning right to Wash

MartynS

Ta Carlos.
    I’m local(ish) to there but was just wondering if I’d missed something obvious.
    I’ve never bothered with beet lane, and it’s been surfaced recently.

Anyway have fun!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Parking in Chinley query’ is closed to new replies.