Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Parking for Sheffield Arena…
  • the-muffin-man

…where are the best places!

I know there are spaces at the arena itself but are there better alternatives?

Cheers

johndoh
    Free Member

On the way in from the motorway just park at the shopping complex with the McDonalds about 10 minutes walk to the Arena. Free and never had a problem.

the-muffin-man

Thanks!

Anyone else know of other places just in case this car park is busy?

We’re off there this evening – what is traffic usually like late afternoon?

Ta

Pieface

Traffic before a gig can be a nightmare round there. What Johndoh said or get the tram in from elsewhere, although the tram can be busy too.

jackthedog
    Free Member

On the way in from the motorway just park at the shopping complex with the McDonalds about 10 minutes walk to the Arena. Free and never had a problem.

I’d suggest you don’t do this. That retail park installed cameras a while back after getting fed up of (or at least deciding they could profit from) their car park being used by arena and cinema visitors as well as people using it as an unofficial Park & Ride. I think the limit is two hours now or something.

Only time outside of rush hour that area gets busy is when there’s something fairly big on at the Arena.

cp

Free and never had a problem

They do have car reg reading cameras going in & out though…

Anything you do it is going to be very busy with a gig on – it’s not normally too bad, but a gig makes it crazy round there.

What time does it finish? You might be able to get on Meadowhall’s car park with a 15 minute walk.

Tracey

If you park at the shopping complex you have a 3 hour time limit from when you enter the car park to when you leave it. All done by camera and automatic finds for everyone over. Also dont park on any of the pavements that have double yellow lines as you will normally get a ticket. If you get there in time there is free parking arount the cinema area just up from the shopping complex with no time limits

the-muffin-man

Ta – glad I asked again now!

andeh

Don’t park at the retail place, one of my friends received a £60 for parking there while she went to see Steps *shudder*

Park at Meadowhall and take the tram?

jackthedog
    Free Member

received a £60 for parking there while she went to see Steps

Lol, the very definition of adding insult to injury!

philtricklebank

Ride there? Or if you are travelling a fair way, put a pub bike in back of car and park about half a mile away on side roads. Plenty of railings and security. Never had my bike touched there and done this a few times.

Admittedly not great if there’s a few mates in the car!

theteaboy
    Free Member

There’s loads of unofficial parking on the roads round the Arena – fiver to a man with some unused land and you car’s looked after too (though you might be boxed in!)

nickhart
    Free Member

Which direction you going from? If you’re going from the city there’s a car park on the right just before the turning for the arena. It’s behind what was an old school, five pound for the night and it’s quicker to get out of than the main arena but is alongside the main car park.

johndoh
    Free Member

I’d suggest you don’t do this. That retail park installed cameras a while back after getting fed up of (or at least deciding they could profit from) their car park being used by arena and cinema visitors as well as people using it as an unofficial Park & Ride. I think the limit is two hours now or something.

Okay we haven’t ever had an issue (not to say you won’t). Last gig was Pulp just before Christmas.

stevew
    Free Member

Past the arena over the canal bridge and turn right into the estate, not the highest class of neighbourhood but never had a prob, just make sure there isn’t owt on display in your car.

Nice free parking then less than a 5 minute walk to the venue.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Parking for Sheffield Arena…’ is closed to new replies.