Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Parking charge notice what’s craic?
  • plecostomus
    Free Member

Mrs plecostomus has been in my car and I’ve had a parking charge notice sent through
    It’s from a hotel in town for parking in a unauthorised area ( car wasn’t authorised to be in the car park) seeing as it’s from a random company they want £60 for the fine which they invite me to pay.

Does it need to be paid?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Yes.

plecostomus
    Free Member

Why? Isn’t it just the council and police who can actually fine you

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Yes, just ignore it, especially since it wasn’t you who was driving.

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

Just ignore it and hope for the best. Or pay it.

oldnick

I outstayed my welcome in a hotel carpark and was fined, after the first letter they sent two increasingly threatening letters (property to an equivalent value could be seized blah blah blah) then gave up.
    I took this passive aggressive stance after reading up on Martin Lewis’ Consumer Revenge, the law may have changed since so check for yourself.

Cougar

Ignoring it is bad advice these days.

Who’s the issuer?

MartynS

Don’t ignore.. that can end badly.
    Go on pepipoo and do some reading around the company who have sent you this invoice

You will have some work to do, if you’re clever/lucky you could make money through various data protection breaches..

Go read…

frankconway

First thing to do is check whether or not the issuer is an ‘approved body’.
    ‘On private land, a parking charge notice will either be put on the offending vehicle or it will have been clocked by Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) camera and a “ticket” will be sent by post to the vehicle’s registered keeper IF they are members of the British Parking Association (BPA) or the Independent Parking Committee (IPC).

If the car park operator is not accredited, then they will be unable to get hold of your details via the DVLA and will find it hard to pursue you. It has been known for some motorists to make the process easier because they write to the operator to complain about having a ticket put on their car, and in doing so, provide them with their name and address.’

Check the car park for notices – are there any and are they clearly visible?
    How would a driver become ‘authorised’ to use the car park? Are there any notices to that effect?

If they already have your address…..if you decide to contact them, do not say you are ‘appealing’ as this immediately implies that you have accepted liability – you are ‘disputing’ their invoice.
    You may wish to consider requesting photographic evidence with date and time stamp verification.

As Cougar says^^^ ignoring their invoice is bad advice these days.

hodgynd
    Free Member

More relevant ..what was Mrs Plec.doing at the hotel in the first place ..this could just be the tip of the iceberg .. 😆

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Parking charge notice what’s craic?’ is closed to new replies.