• This topic has 83 replies, 34 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 9 posts - 81 through 89 (of 89 total)
  • Parking Charge Notice for parking at Lidl
  • Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

At no point has he said she shopped there on that day, if he did and I missed it, apologies to him.

2 hours is enough for shopping.

Drac

Mrs SR is a genuine customer, isn’t she?

As mentioned before you disappeared yesterday the she can approach the manger to appeal.

theotherjonv

Mrs SR shopped in there, didn’t she?

By the sounds of it sometimes, but unclear absolutely if she did that day.

“normally parks in the Lidl car park (the only parking for quite some distance around the rugby pitch). We are regular customers of the shop, and indeed, she inevitably does some shopping while little SR is with his team”

And in any case still doesn’t then give you permission to stay as long as you like.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Indeed.

Had lunch in a nice place in town yesterday. Got a 3 hour appointment across road from said eaterie tomorrow, so just gonna park in the restaurant car park. I mean, I paid for lunch yesterday?.

Which I’m sure we’d agree would be a dick move.

theotherjonv

and for the umpteenth time,

That 24 minutes, who does it impact

Other people trying to use the car park, and therefore in the end the supermarket if they go elsewhere as a result

what does the fine pay for?

Immaterial, it’s a disincentive to prevent p-takers and overstayers, as specifically allowed by the Parking Eye vs Beavis precedent.

trail_rat
    Free Member

If there was no charge…..you’d never get parked there to shop because people are dicks and you’d have all the rugby mums and all the people who are just nipping down the other shops or to the swimming pool etc. Apparently it’s the only parked for quite some way.

It’d soon impact legitimate users.

Drac

By the sounds of it sometimes, but unclear absolutely if she did that day.

He cleared that up later on but he’s going to pay the fine as unlike Pondo can see why.

theotherjonv

He cleared that up later on

I did know that, sorry. So the ‘crime’ in this case is overstaying rather than absolute pisstaking, but I stand by my comments to others that think eg: that having a loyalty card means that the rules don’t apply.

( I just thought – we get our groceries delivered so not only do we spend money on Sainsbury we do it without taking up a space someone else could use! Crikey, we should have a roped off area we can use whenever we want and get one of their vans to taxi us into town afterwards!!)

Drac

Yup or those that think it’s Ok because well it’s just a shop’s car park.

Viewing 9 posts - 81 through 89 (of 89 total)

The topic ‘Parking Charge Notice for parking at Lidl’ is closed to new replies.