Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Parking charge notice (again, probably)
  • jimmy

I parked at a place in the Lakes back in September which was controlled by number recognition cameras. On return to the car, I tried to pay but the card machine wasn’t working and I had no cash, so left.

2 days shy of a month later I got a parking charge of £50 or £30 paid within 14 days. I emailed to say their card machine wasn’t working but my appeal was rejected on the basis that “clear signage” Says I can pay online within 48 hours. Needless to say,I didn’t see that as we were rushing to get the wee girl home.

As a private notice, can I ignore it? And should it have arrived with me within 14 days? I’d happily donate the original amount (let’s say double) to the NT whose car park I think it was, but am loathed to pay now £50 to this company (Park With Ease). What say STW?

deadkenny
    Free Member

It’s an invoice, not a fine. You don’t have to pay. They can take you to court however but generally not worth the effort. They will hand it over to a debt collector to pester you a lot however.

Reject their rejection. Don’t say it’s an appeal, just reject it saying that their clear signage was obviously not clear enough as you clearly weren’t aware you could pay online. If it was clear you obviously would have.

And I believe it must be sent to you within 14 days, although I’m not sure if that applies with private parking.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/private-parking-tickets

TheDTs
    Free Member

I did what he said above.
    I am a sign maker so I offered to give them a sign survey to the value of their ticket, as their signs were clearly not adequate!
    I never heard another word.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Parking charge notice (again, probably)’ is closed to new replies.