Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Parking cameras:Which ones?
  • Bagstard
    Free Member

My wife’s new car doesn’t have the front and rear cameras she has become used to, so I’m looking for recommendations for some good ones, anything to look out for?

Thanks in advance!

RobHilton
    Free Member

STW driving gods recommend using mirrors and having spatial awareness.

perchypanther
    Free Member

I use the Force.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Drac

My wife’s new car doesn’t have the front and rear cameras she has become used to, so I’m looking for recommendations for some good ones, anything to look out for?

Look out of the windows.

matt_outandabout

anything to look out for?

The car behind…?

Bagstard
    Free Member

There is a chance a sensible answer may be along, but I won’t hold my breath!

kayak23

Hello. I’m kayak23 and I’ll be providing your single, sensible answer today.

I just bought a Boscam kit from Amazon for my van. It was only £40 and it’s great. I’ve never used one until now but it’s easy to wire in with some basic electrical knowledge. Hardest thing is routing the wiring.

They do wireless versions too.

It’s mint.

Boscam K3 Reversing Camera Kit, Reverse Camera with 4.3” LCD Monitor, IP68 Waterproof Night Vision Rear Camera https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0797SYRGR/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_C9O4CbKBRAB41

Bagstard
    Free Member

Thanks kayak, looks pretty good!

alpin
    Free Member

Rückfahrkamera 170° Winkel wasserdicht Nachtsicht Auto Rückansicht Kamera Einparkhilfe 756 * 504 Pixel Rückfahrsystem, XL-96913 Schwarz https://www.amazon.de/dp/B01LSHNG2C/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_T5P4CbHJPZSXN

I bought one from amazon a while back, but the angle was far too tight.

Replaced with this one and its good. Already have a double din display.

ajaj
    Free Member

“anything to look out for”

Choose between mirror image and normal view depending on which confuses you less.

Even if you go wireless you still need to get power to the camera.

If you want to see in the dark then will need some form of illumination, in the wet some form of cover.

Need somewhere for the screen to go. And a way to get wires to it neatly.

hot_fiat

Does it have a radio head unit that is capable of taking a feed from a camera, or are you looking for a display as well? If its the former, pioneer make a really good camera the ND-BC8. Huge long 10m lead on it allows easy routing on pretty much any car. Image reversal is usually the head unit’s realm to deal with, as are parking guide marks.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Parking cameras:Which ones?’ is closed to new replies.