Viewing 17 posts - 81 through 97 (of 97 total)
  • Parking at Glentress
  • BoardinBob

I’m involved with a long running dispute with a private parking company. This week I got a hold of the contract they have with the landowners agent. In the contract it clearly states the parking company will keep all money from any tickets they issue.

seahouse
    Free Member

Last week one of my mates parked up at the carpark at the back of the shower block walked over to the machine to buy a ticket walked back to his car and he had a ticket on it. That made for a good start to the day. 🙂

Northwind

BoardinBob – Member

In the contract it clearly states the parking company will keep all money from any tickets they issue.

In which situation, they’re either doing a job the landowner needs done that would normally cost them money, or they’re paying the landowner a contract fee in order to operate on their land. Or possibly the landowners are idiots.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    TroutWrestler
    Free Member

I was given a ticket at Cardrona carpark despite a displayed ticket from the machine. That was in November, and I have heard nothing. I am not going to even waste 50p on a stamp appealing as I know I have the evidence to win any appeal, so I am waiting to see if Parking Eye make any move at all.

martinhutch

Presumably Parking Eye are paying a fixed contract fee to the FC for the right to harrass visitors administer parking regulations.

The evidence that they are already over-zealously plonking tickets on cars while the owners are walking to the machine to pay smacks of the Parking Eye operative having a quota to fill, and this should be sounding serious alarm bells with managers at Glentress. That’s just ridiculous, and almost worthy of a local newspaper story.

satchm00
    Free Member

Posted 3 months ago

deertrackdoctor
    Free Member

sorry to hi jack
    i have 6 fines but were sent to my car lease company
    the rights and wrongs aside whats the stw consensus for dealing with my own silly fault situation . seems having principles may be costly lol
    so best course of action
    ignore OR APPEAL ?
    THANKS FOR ADVICE

before i make a decision on whether to park and pay in the future has anyone done a foi to find out what % or the cafe and shop rent goes to the trail ? thanks tam

martinhutch

Have you got any grounds for appeal? Or did you just decide not to pay?

Parking Eye is one of the companies that does take folk to court for unpaid fines, I believe. Certainly not one you can safely ignore, at least not in England, anyhow. Pepipoo forums would be your best bet for the latest situation north of the border.

scotroutes

It’ll be complicated due to the involvement of the leasing company. They’ll have likely aid the fines and will have something in the T&Cs about it.

deertrackdoctor
    Free Member

thanks for the help guys . i will need to ask the lease company to forward the parking charges first and take it from there .
    I chose not to pay for personal reason as a teneant that has been shafted by a huge land owner previously. so feel quite strongly about the waste of money at gt and also the way they treat tenenants .
    the rights and wrongs have been done to death but theres never been a definitive of it not being enforceable .

BoardinBob

I had this situation with my lease company. Some important points

Read your lease contract carefully and find the section that deals with parking tickets

What you have is not a “fine”. This is massively important and your dealings with the lease company hinge on this. Private parking companies cannot issue a “fine”. They can give you an invoice for alleged breach of contract. Never, ever refer to it as a “fine” when you’re dealing with the lease company

My idiot lease company paid £1,300 of parking tickets without consulting me then hit me with the bill. Took a lot of arguing to get the money back. My lease contract had the following clause

10.1 In respect of any responsibility, claims, liabilities, losses, damages, or expenses, including legal fees and any liability resulting from legislation for the payment of fines or penalties for parking, driving or similar offences or contraventions in connection with Vehicles (the “Liability”): (a) ARVAL has no responsibility for the Liability; (b) the Hirer accepts all responsibility for the Liability including taking all appropriate action; and © the Hirer indemnifies ARVAL and holds ARVAL harmless against the liability, ARVAL shall be entitled to charge the Hirer a reasonable administration fee for any work carried out or documentation processed relating to the liability.

The bit in bold was key. Legally a private company cannot issue a fine or penalty, so this clause had no relevance for private parking tickets, it only applies to tickets issued by the council or police. Took a long time to get the parking company to accept this. In reality they know it to be true but most people don’t fight it. They eventually admitted I was right and gave me the money back.

(no doubt someone will say I shouldn’t have parked where I did, but I was parked on my own land where no private parking company has any authority, but this has been an 8 year battle against these crooks)

deertrackdoctor
    Free Member

did anyone actually submit a FOI application ? thanks Tam

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I chose not to pay for personal reason as a teneant that has been shafted by a huge land owner previously. so feel quite strongly about the waste of money at gt and also the way they treat tenenants .
    the rights and wrongs have been done to death but theres never been a definitive of it not being enforceable .

then I suggest you park elsewhere and ride in.

legend
    Free Member

You know this isn’t likely to go any better than the thread you started on facebook?

deertrackdoctor
    Free Member

legend im hoping the guy that done the FOI request fills my inbox very shortly
    IIRC ive shown the gentleman in question some routes in the cheviots

Northwind

Re proportions/payments, I don’t think it works like that- last time I spoke to the FC about it, rather than ringfencing incomes, it all goes into a big bucket and maintenance/build money comes back out. Which is probably just as well because most riding venues won’t break even on parking vs maintenance

deertrackdoctor – Member

I chose not to pay for personal reason as a teneant that has been shafted by a huge land owner previously. so feel quite strongly about the waste of money at gt

Then you know the answer- go elsewhere.

deertrackdoctor
    Free Member

board in bob thanks for that post thats exactly the help i need . much appreciated . i will call them now im armed with this information . will review my stance on not giving FE a penny after i see the facts and figures RE spending of parking fees . thanks all

Viewing 17 posts - 81 through 97 (of 97 total)

The topic ‘Parking at Glentress’ is closed to new replies.