Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Park Workstand – PCS9 vs PCS10
  • Aus
    Free Member

Hi, after a decent workstand. Don’t need portability as it’ll be permanently up.

These Park ones get good reviews, any preferences of the 9 vs the 10? Is it mainly the clamp mech that’s the difference? Extra money on the 10 worthwhile?

Or is there another option similarly priced that’s better?

Cheers

P-Jay
    Free Member

My 9’s clamp is forever freezing (not the clamp itself but the turning bit) apparently they do that a lot.

baddddad
    Free Member

Definitely consider the Feedback Sports elite – best stand I’ve owned

https://www.feedbacksports.com/product/pro-elite-work-stand-w-tote-bag/

Northwind

Yeah, I’ve got a Feedback Sports too and it’s better than the Parks IMO. The jaws are a wee bit cumbersome but it’s so solid and stable, lovely

mrb123
    Free Member

Get the PCS10 over the 9 if you can stretch to it. The clamping mechanism is far easier to use and over many years of use you’ll be glad you paid the extra.

peteimpreza

Get a Feedback, much much better

gringo

If you’re anywhere near south London then i’m selling my PCS-9.

Aus
    Free Member

Ah, interesting re the Feedback stand…off to look at them.
    And Gringo, PM’d you.
    Thanks

kimbers

My 9’s clamp is forever freezing (not the clamp itself but the turning bit) apparently they do that a lot.

This! It’s a great stand but this makes it a pain to use

nwmlarge
    Free Member

Had a PCS-9, Got a feedback one now, it is light years ahead.

Don’t be fooled by the blue.

Their tools are good the workstands not so much.

kcal

Feedback. +1

I was off to 10 Under the Ben one year, our LBS owner/mechanic came with us, he asked me to take my Feedback stand over his Park one..

somafunk

Over the years I’ve used them all and the legs/adjustability/weight of the Park PCS-9/PCS-10 is abysmal, the Feedback Sports stands (especially pro elite/superlight) are just so much better in use that i gave away my Park PCS-10 a number of years ago. Far better clamping system, far better stability, less than half the weight of park stands and very easy to store/move around.

1timmy1
    Free Member

@P-Jay
    If your is the same as mine, then take that bit apart, put some copper slip in there and put it back together. It stops it getting stuck but doesn’t slip when you have a bike in it.

thenorthwind

Another vote for Feedback. If you can find it, they have a much cheaper version of the Elite with the same head (the good bit) but a simple folding tripod – fine if you don’t need to move. I posted a thread on here a while back – have a search. Had some issues as you’ll see, but very happy now.

nicko74

Mods – looking at Northwind’s feedback workstands thread, I get a 501 error (also weirdly on a couple of workstand threads). What am I doing wrong?!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Park Workstand – PCS9 vs PCS10’ is closed to new replies.