Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 111 total)
  • paris roubaix questions
  • crazy-legs

Best one-day race in the calendar.

BBC Sport were banging on about “Wiggo” being on top form for it and looking to challenge. My personal thought is he won’t be anywhere near challenging for the win… Although hats off to him for surviving Flanders in reasonable shape, I was convinced he’d have thrown his gels out of the pram by Km 80.

Hope Geraint Thomas does well, he deserves some better luck. Like being able to stay on his bike for the whole race.

Lifer
    Free Member

Wiggins will need a miracle IMO, Thomas probably more so. Eddie Boss win would be brilliant, with Stannard out I reckon he’s the Sky man to back. I reckon OPQS have more riders capable of taking it, but every classic is a lottery.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    njee20
    Free Member

no, Cancellara is on a domane for every road race, BUT it is not the stock domane, they do a special proper length head tube version.

Aye, Trek sell it through Project One – the Domane Classics edition IIRC.

Why do “sportive” bikes have such stupid long head tubes!!!!

Because if most sportive riders had a normal sized head tube they’d be resting their gut on the top tube!

Macavity
    Free Member

atlaz
    Free Member

Wiggins will be nowhere really, unless he can go very early and TT to the win, he will need to be more tactically aware than he seems to be.

aP
    Free Member

According to a Brit wearing an Altura jersey and riding in trainers, talking to a Dutch guy ‘Wiggo just thinks he’s good, Froome is where it’s at’. You can’t really say anything to that can you?
    Bradley won’t make the selection today, does anyone know about the juniors? We saw the Norwegians out yesterday, them bumped into the Brits.
    Oh, saw the Ordinary rider yesterday he said he was, ‘a bit sore after Flanders’, he was riding with a gent in tweed on a Brompton. Any news on them?

deviant
    Free Member

Why do “sportive” bikes have such stupid long head tubes!!!!

Dont get me started on this….i looked at loads of bikes when buying my last one and in the end the deciding factor came down to head tube length and aesthetics….ridiculous really as it should be about how it rides but things are getting silly with some manufacturers offering head tubes in the 17.5 – 20 cm range now!.

Honestly people buying these bikes would be better off on a hybrid, road bikes are supposed to be low at the front to minimise your frontal area, what is the point in sitting upright like a big sail in the wind?!
    Head tube on mine is 12.5 cm and i’d like to get it shorter than that, i reckon a 10 cm head tube would be perfect.

trickydisco
    Free Member

Looks like to lotto belisol team are riding the ridley x-night cyclocross bike with mini v’s

cloudnine
    Free Member

Link to live footage??

legend
    Free Member

you never heard it from me…… http://cricfree.tv/live/index.php (the ads are annoying but once you’ve got rid they say gone)

anagallis_arvensis

If you want a race bike dont look at sportives and start frothing you daft ****.
    If you want a dodgy link google wiziwig.

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

thanks legend 🙂

ninfan
    Free Member

Eurosport feed just started – and with Lemond as commentator, bloody fantastic! 😀

crazy-legs

Carlton Kirby and Matt Stephens on EuroSport. I like Carlton, definitely one of the better ones.

mugsys_m8

I think what the long headtube naysayers fail to realise is that some people have longer legs in proprtion to torso and need the bars higher than those with shorter legs….wheels and forks are the same height generally, so that only leaves the headtube, otherwise you end up with <an unworkable> cm diff betwen bars and saddle height….

And that”s coming from a man who has the same bike fitter as Spartacus. (he actually copied me as I was fitted by cyclefit before him)..

Anyway back to the racing…

aP
    Free Member

Leaders caught before S18?
    Laurent Jalabert’s starting to wind himself up in knots on FR3.

speckledbob
    Free Member

This is my favourite race of the season. Im going to go for Cancellara again. He was so strong last week. From Wiggos interview it sounds like hes taking this quite seriously. Sagan will be isolated again. Still plenty of potential winners and whatever happens it will be dusty an bloody.

Crell
    Free Member

Lemond was on the euro feed wasn’t he? Just switched to HD and it’s Kirby and Mr platitudes himself Matt Stephens (I really don’t like him). Why no Sean Kelly!

Sky have obviously heard the news Sagan is chasing

aP
    Free Member

Sky are pushing to get into the Aarenberg first, Sagan is back in the pack already before they went to the front.

crazy-legs

Sky doing well! Good tactics.
    Arenberg in 1.5km…

Crell
    Free Member

Jees watching Kenny de Haas bouncing along on the Arenberg… and then he punctures. How hard is that to ride on and keep a tempo.

Good race so far

bob_summers

Fantastic week of racing – the Ronde, Itzulia, and P-R. And almost Giro time…

Crell
    Free Member

Bloody hell that was the worlds worst bunny hop.Im sure his team leader will be overjoyed

speckledbob
    Free Member

Does anyone know what happened to the woman who was hit last week in the tour of flanders?

Crell
    Free Member

Still critical in hospital after several brain operations. Her family were hoping Vansummeren would win today!

How the hell did that FDJ rider stay up after hitting the (metal?) sign.

Crash after crash…and now an inflatable penis. I love Paris Roubaix.

speckledbob
    Free Member

Tom Boonen looks really strong. The road furniture is horrendous.

aP
    Free Member

G!!

Klunk
    Free Member

I’m sorry Mr Boonen if you join the head of the race, do not expect any help with the pace making. Chill !

aP
    Free Member

If they work with him they have a 1 in 6 chance of winning, if they don’t they have none at all.
    It’s very much in their own interests to work with him.
    But It’s ok, they’ve nearly been brought back.
    Come on G, get on his wheel

Klunk
    Free Member

If they work with him they have a 1 in 6 chance of winning

no they don’t they would just be Boonen’s lead out team.

tpbiker
    Free Member

Is the eurosport feed available online? I’ve just noticed that my virgin package has been downgraded so no eurosport 🙁

Klunk
    Free Member

hope we see the god of thunder in the tdf. he was brutal !

trickydisco
    Free Member

i’ve signed up to the eurosport player. £3.99 a month in HD

Crell
    Free Member

Boom ! Go Van marcke

speckledbob
    Free Member

Wow. That gap went down fast.

Klunk
    Free Member

boom indeed !!!! took 20 secs out of the lead in no time…..

sagan goes

Crell
    Free Member

Ah the comedy timing of the Eurosport ads.

Klunk
    Free Member

bloody adverts

Klunk
    Free Member

spoilt by the bbc 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 111 total)

The topic ‘paris roubaix questions’ is closed to new replies.