Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Paris Brest Paris – anyone else doing it? Riding against cancer.
  • NewRetroTom

My mate Phil and I are doing the 1,200km of PBP next week. Any other STWers going to be there?

We’re doing it in memory of our great friend Sam, who died from bowel cancer aged 36 a year ago leaving a wife and two young children.

Hoping to raise some funds for Cancer Research UK and Maggies. Any support with that would be much appreciated. Phil has created a fundraising page here: https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/phil-thomas-paris-brest-paris

We will be wearing our Jen **** Cancer socks!

[/url]

disco_stu
    Free Member

Good luck! 3 members of my cycling club are doing it, one of them on a trike which sounds a bit mad if you ask me 😀

crazy-legs

Good luck OP!

There’s a girl I used to work with and also a friend who works at Rapha who is doing it on a fixed gear which makes her unbelievably hardcore. Or stupid.

I’ll check in on the updates from it over the weekend.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    NewRetroTom

Cheers! Doing it on either a trike or a fixie seems mental!

kcal

good choice of socks Tom. I’ll chuck some cash in the pot. Every little helps.

I think a couple of guys from up here are on their way, Kenny (from Alness) and Mark (my GP, Yorkshire) both have done it before and are unassuming and unfeasibly fit.

NewRetroTom

Thanks Callum, much appreciated!

hofnar
    Free Member

I qualified and entered very late in june but snatched a place in the B group. Chilling near Paris now lacking sleep.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Paris Brest Paris – anyone else doing it? Riding against cancer.’ is closed to new replies.