Viewing 17 posts - 81 through 97 (of 97 total)
  • Parents – what's the worst kids film you've had to endure!?…
  • mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Spy kids
    Curious george
    Hotel for Dogs

my mrs bought a few cheap kids dvds last christmas, several particular gems were
    mr christmas
    the 12 dogs of christmas

The were as bad as they sound. Golden rule, anything with “christmas” in the title is going to be crap.

I can’t stand Bing either. It’s a career low for Mark Rylance. Thankfully monkfingerjnr also doesn’t like it. Right now its Blaze, Octonauts and Be Cool Scooby Doo.

GrahamS

Though the Paddington trailer looked so bad that I refused to watch the film.

Predictable but it wasn’t appalling – and there was some pointed sub-text for the grown ups about a time when Britain was proud to accept refugees.

Plus it had Nicole Kidman being mean to Doctor Who.

Bez

I just like Paddington for its quintessential much-ado-about-nothingness. Dragging out a spot of elevenses and a poorly-loaded washing machine for an entirely enjoyable story is a fine display of storytelling that doesn’t need death threats from Hollywood villains and a label on the back saying “warning: mild peril”. The Americans managed to remake Peanuts without writing in a school shooting, I can’t see why Paddington couldn’t have been about sitting down for buns and some amusing mishaps of English social protocol 😉

Hell in a mass-produced plastic handbasket etc etc

stevextc
    Free Member

As an aside, when was it that small kids gained total control of the household TV? Exclusive rights as to when its on and what is being watched right up to their bed time. I’m sure 70’s children got a. less TV time, b. had to ask when it went on and c. got vetoed if grown ups wanted something else on or just got pissed off with the noise. It appears going to friends and relatives houses that adults now just bend over to their infant overlords who rule the domestic universe.

Its less simple than that …. it’s not even TV but streaming/youtube etc. and some total and utter crap at one end vs educational at the other…

We have 3 classes of “TV” in our house and more screens than mean only one can be watched at once.

The absolute crap is usually strictly limited (except when we just need to get rid of him when people are visiting etc.) So if you visited us you’d probably get a false idea.

We have family TV … some of which is pretty boring for adults but not actively offensive…. (like the chipmunks)
    and we have educational TV … largely BBC documentaries or similar… but I let GMBN/GCN into the “educational” sometimes.. but the majority of Jnr’s viewing is educational.

I guess we have a 4th class in training video’s….which don’t really count and really need to be limited so he doesn’t burn himself out or go and do a workout right before bed…

easyrider
    Free Member

Well it’s for big kids but the 3 Musketeers (2011) was utter tosh.

dog pile

Some kind of steam punk galleaons that float through the air its really confusing from every perspective

Any Transformers franchise movie : they’re confusing and the teen love story sub plots add naff all.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

it’s not even TV but streaming/youtube etc

theres a whole world of other shite, like watching people unbox toys 😕

stevextc
    Free Member

theres a whole world of other shite, like watching people unbox toys

Yep well, I don’t really get that either… but assuming it’s not a dildo they are unboxing I’m happy with the 7yr old catching it… if only to learn how SAD it is….

But it’s still nowhere near as bad as Chipmunks…. (I really have no fascination with a shimano or SRAM unbox.. but its just boring…. )

I guess the bigger problem with youTube/kids is actually the amount of sheer bullshit presented as fact…

Bez

I guess the bigger problem with youTube/kids everything in the world is actually the amount of sheer bullshit presented as fact…

FTFY

dirtyrider
    Free Member

I guess the bigger problem with youTube/kids is actually the amount of sheer bullshit presented as fact…

same goes for a lot of adult tv, i mean, richard hammond for example, is not even a real hamster!

cheers_drive

To counter the negative experiences my daughter has demanded to watch Pete’s Dragon 3 times a day for the past 10 days. It’s a great children’s film.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

theres a whole world of other shite, like watching people unbox toy

youtube goes straight to a special class of entertainment consisting only of youtube and celebrity love island

stevextc
    Free Member

same goes for a lot of adult tv, i mean, richard hammond for example, is not even a real hamster!

He’s quite a big hamster admitedly but I’m not convinced he’s not….

youtube goes straight to a special class of entertainment consisting only of youtube and celebrity love island

There is actually a small amount of really good stuff though…. if you can ignore the celeb love island crap…. and also lots of really useful stuff (if you can sort out from the crap) eg. some Park Tools vids…but also chance is someone has the same hubs or whatever and you can watch a stripdown…you might not do what they did but might learn what NOT to try…

jointhedotz
    Free Member

Bad films I can live with,repetition makes even good films wear thin though.

Bubble Guppies however……someone needs to die for that show……

easyrider
    Free Member

oh on the subject of YouTube….

STAMPYCAT !!!!!!

hammyuk
    Free Member

The music on the Monsters Inc. DVD main menu…
    Great film but by christ – even 16yrs later it makes me want to commit genocide if I even so much as catch the faintest whisper of it….

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

There is actually a small amount of really good stuff though

monkfingerjnr is not yet capable of discerning what that is for himself, however.

holdsteady

Peppa Pig movie – especially the “live action” parts.

The only positive is it made my youngest daughter realise what everyone had been telling her was true and she should have grown out of Peppa Pig before she was 6, and it has largely killed off her addiction to all
    things related to that f***ing piglet

Viewing 17 posts - 81 through 97 (of 97 total)

The topic ‘Parents – what's the worst kids film you've had to endure!?…’ is closed to new replies.