Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 97 total)
  • Parents – what's the worst kids film you've had to endure!?…
  • StirlingCrispin

Happy Feet 2.

The only film where my boys wanted to leave early!

lister

Thomas and the Magic Railroad.

Truely awful. What were they thinking?

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Disney’s Dinosaur pish

liked planes 2 over planes,
    cars 2 – random
    muana – bollox
    reef,, antz, anything made to be like anything else, done on a cheaper budget

monsters inc sequel (prequel?) shite

funkmasterp

There is an episode where they brick up a sentient train in a tunnel for having the audacity to want to do a different job. WTF is that teaching to children?

Don’t get me started on the new Postman Pat. It’s no wonder the Royal Mail can’t compete with other couriers either. When you take in to account that 99% of the yearly budget is spent on helicopters, quad bikes and single seat aeroplanes. All so that one massively inept **** can balls up delivering mail to twenty houses.

lister

THomas and the Magic Railroad has very little to do with the original, odd, stories by the Rev.
    It’s so weird and disjointed with real people and trains and magic and stuff.

You should see it actually. 🙂

bubs

They are going in on their own for this upcoming masterpiece

Underpants

molgrips
    Free Member

Cloudy with a chance of meatballs 2.

Absolutely awful!

I enjoyed that. Properly batshit stupid 🙂

Tangled I liked. Even the numbers.

‘Barbie and the Great Fairy Rescue’ I think it was called, although it was a good few years ago now it’s still etched in as being the worst 90 minutes of my life.

I was quite surprised at how wickedly funny the Barbie Dreamhouse TV series is though 🙂

CountZero

Actually that’s a good shout I think Nativity 3 pips the Topcoat movie to the post.

Like watching paint dry, obviously. 😆

mogrim

Frozen was awful, thankfully only had to see it once. Cars, though, is great.

Worst I saw was also the first one we took my eldest to see at the cinema: Piglet’s Big Movie. Utter crap, sentimental American take on a classic, with piss-poor animation too.

GrahamS

Frozen was awful, thankfully only had to see it once.

Really? I think it’s pretty watchable (once). But then I don’t suffer from musicalphobia like some 🙂

They are going in on their own for this upcoming masterpiece

Quite looking forward to that – the Captain Underpants books are fun and should translate pretty well to a movie.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

anyone elses kids keep trying to select sausage party on now tv? 😆

TheDTs
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaE8gZUzwNA[/video]
    End of thread.

breadcrumb

My daughter is only 10 months old, I’m feeling a little dread about what’s to come over the years now.

hols2
    Free Member

Barbie and the Great Fairy Rescue

There’s a whole bunch of those Barbie movies, just awful. I can tolerate My Little Pony, like most of the Pixar and Disney stuff, but the Barbie movies have no redeeming features. They don’t even make the kid shut up, she just runs around spouting lines from the movie.

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

The ‘BARNEY’ movie

I have nightmares about being strapped to a chair in a white room, Clockwork Orange style, forced to watch it non-stop for the rest of my godforsaken life.

Jezuz pull out my finger nails and stub cigarettes out on my eyes but not Barney.

user-removed
    Free Member

*kids’* Ffs (apostrophe stuff). And it’s “Legend of the Sasquatch” after the 300th viewing.

“Song of the Sea” is bearable though – might watch it again tomorrow for the 301st time.

TooTall
    Free Member

Worse than anything else on this list. Seriously, you lot are way fussy or you HAVEN’T SEEN THOMAS AND THE MAGIC RAILROAD!
    It is without doubt the worst 90 minutes or so I have spent with my daughter.

cubist
    Free Member

I took my kids to the cinema while very hungover (me not them) to watch the Moshi Monsters movie. It was utter drivel. I thought I’d managed to nod off a bit but they were so concerned I was missing bits they kept waking me up.

igm

Trolls

If you’re doing a musical, get people who can sing in tune.

And a plot. Plots are good.

So are characters.

ratherbeintobago

Rio2 is a good shout. Truly awful. Most times I prefer kids films nowadays – even the chipmunks. Good escapism. But the people who dreamt up rio2 should be made to walk the streets naked.

It’s the only time #1 spawn has ever said to me ‘this is rubbish. Can we go now?’ and we went before the end.

darrell
    Free Member

These are the English language movies that I can remember I’ve been forced to watch in the last 12 months (repeatedly) with my 4 yr old son

Trolls – actually okay
    Moana (Vaiana over here) – okay
    Bolt – excellent
    Up – excellent
    Frozen – cr4p
    Smurf movies – awful
    Cars and Planes 1 & 2 – okay
    The old Lego Batman movies and Lego Stars Wars – dire
    Every Thomas Movie – beyond dire

although he prefers to watch tv shows – Octonauts and Paw Patrol are the favourites at the moment

Bagstard
    Free Member

Lego Batman every day, but I still laugh in places, same with despicable me 1-3.

Sandwich

I managed to be at work when Mrs S had to sit through Dragonball Z at the cinema.

AlexSimon

We’ve avoided the bad ones and mostly enjoy the rest.
    Worst was probably Cars 2, but then we all agreed on that one.

As others have said. I enjoyed Frozen and Moana, but after they’ve seen it the 50th time and sung the songs for the 1000th time it gets a little much.
    Hard to say ‘You’re Welcome’ without doing it semi-tunefully though.

mindmap3
    Free Member

Luckily Toby doesn’t really have the patience to sit through a film yet.

He does like Cars though. He’s most likely to sit through the Good Dinosaur.

He likes sitting with an iPad and watching Netflix and binging on Paw Patrol, Umi Zumi and Puss in Boots.

Richie_B

The trailer for the Emoji Movie probably rates as the worst thing I have ever seen on a screen (including some of the dodgier u-tube links I’ve been sent), can’t wait for the film itself.

mogrim

Really? I think it’s pretty watchable (once). But then I don’t suffer from musicalphobia like some

Beauty and the Beast was a decent Disney musical – Frozen was’t.

avdave2

I liked all of the films my kids watched endlessly as I’d always fall asleep on the sofa while watching them. Formula 1 also has exactly the same effect, it’s rather a pleasant way to spend a couple of hours, eyes getting heavier and heavier and the sound just becoming a background noise and oblivion.

convert

Yep, there’s something in small children’s brains that means they can see the same thing over and over and over and over again and not get bored.

As an aside, when was it that small kids gained total control of the household TV? Exclusive rights as to when its on and what is being watched right up to their bed time. I’m sure 70’s children got a. less TV time, b. had to ask when it went on and c. got vetoed if grown ups wanted something else on or just got pissed off with the noise. It appears going to friends and relatives houses that adults now just bend over to their infant overlords who rule the domestic universe.

molgrips
    Free Member

I’m sure 70’s children got a. less TV time

That’s cos kids TV was only on for a short time. Now it’s available all the time.

scaled
    Free Member

I have a horse obsessed 7 year old, as such I’ve been subjected to such wonders as “Spirit, Stallion of the Cimarron” and “Albion, the Enchanted Stallion”

Thankfully she spends a lot of time outside!

convert

That’s cos kids TV was only on for a short time. Now it’s available all the time.

That does not mean it has to be watched all the time though does it?

Why don’t you go switch off your television set and go out and do something less boring instead.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FQktsKvXcg[/video]

hooli

Not a film but Pepper f*&^% pig, again and again and again at 48 million decibels. I am sure that is used as a form of torture in North Korea…

molgrips
    Free Member

That does not mean it has to be watched all the time though does it?

Of course not. I’m just pointing out that holding up 70s parents as ideals of perfect parenting isn’t quite fair – at least when it comes to TV.

Why don’t you go switch off your television set and go out and do something less boring instead.

Always thought that intro incredibly ironic.

DezB
    Free Member

Both Lego movies. Can’t say whether I hated Batman or the original one more.

When he was younger took jr to see Curious George – we both found it extremely boring.

convert

Always thought that intro incredibly ironic.

Indeed . I wouldn’t go down well with todays ratings obsessed TV execs.

But the programme content was almost exclusively to arm young kids with ideas of things they could make or do and activities to do afterwards. A kind of toolbox for fun for long summer holiday days.

dragon
    Free Member

The latest Jungle Book movie I thought was pants. Frozen I’ve managed to avoid mostly, thank god as the 10 minutes I did catch were bad.

I like the lego movies, they are a decent watch.

ourmaninthenorth

Harry Potter.

Strictly I wasn’t a parent at the time, but I think had been convinced it was sensible cinema viewing for a 20-something couple. Possibly by the same people who suggested to Mrs North that we try eating at Nandos.

I fell asleep and woke up only to blurt out (rather too loudly it happens) “Is it still not finished?”.

retro83
    Free Member

Not a film, but Bing. He’s such a whiny lying little prick, and Sula is such a know it all smug ****. Amma is packing a lotta junk in the trunk tho 8)

Bez

The ‘BARNEY’ movie

OH MY GOD THERE’S A MOVIE?!

I can’t even begin to imagine.

People hate the Peanuts movie? You. Are. So. Wrong.

And people hate the Lego Movie? I loved it. But then, it resonated because I am the dad and my son is the son, albeit with a rather more lazy idea of what constitutes an awesome piece of brickwork.

You dismantled the entire Star Wars cantina to make a half-Greedo half-Yoda freak sitting on a cup? You bring this to me for my approval? Get out of this house!

I can’t recall the worst I’ve seen, I’ve probably blanked it out. Though the Paddington trailer looked so bad that I refused to watch the film.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 97 total)

The topic ‘Parents – what's the worst kids film you've had to endure!?…’ is closed to new replies.