Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 97 total)
  • Parents – what's the worst kids film you've had to endure!?…
  • the-muffin-man

For me it was – Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel

The sort of film that makes you question whether becoming a parent was such a good idea!

Thankfully my daughter is 14 now, so those days are long-gone. 😀

jimjam
    Free Member

No one film on it’s own, rather the same film over and over and over. Moana once is great. All the songs from Moana on a loop 200 times a day ? 👿

See also Frozen, Trolls, Tangled etc

lazybike
    Free Member

Three little ninjas knuckle up…it was a sequel to three little ninjas.

jekkyl

My Little Pony!…. (skinny and boney)

dudleycon93
    Free Member

I am a dad and I have a son so I still like what he is watching haha.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Yep, there’s something in small children’s brains that means they can see the same thing over and over and over and over again and not get bored.

My little one is into Paw Patrol at the moment, there’s a couple of series worth on Netflix but she only wants to watch the one with the Alien.

GrahamS

My Little Pony!.

You shut your filthy whore mouth. MLP is awesome!

Here’s my favourite Rainbow Dash outfit:

Some of the Direct-to-DVD Disney stuff is absolutely appalling though. e.g. “Once Upon A Halloween”, which is basically just bits of other Disney films stuck together for no real reason with very little attempt at a plot.

stevextc
    Free Member

For me it was – Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel

I’m trying but … nope…. I’d have to say the same

molgrips
    Free Member

Besides the obvious – Finding Nemo and Frozen.

Finding Nemo is just one long string of oppressive jeopardy sequences, the dad is annoying as hell too. As for Frozen – utterly un convincing, and that stupid snowman is the pits. None of it makes sense. It’s garbage.

ssbnreso
    Free Member

The ‘BARNEY‘ movie

😯

ScottChegg
    Free Member

The Peanuts movie last year.

Rubbish and it destroyed all my fond memories of Snoopy and crew.

eemy
    Free Member

Dear Lord, the Peanuts movie was awful – luckily I didn’t have any fond memories of Charlie Brown, as I always thought it was rubbish.

However, the Penguins of Madagascar is truly awful. Makes no sense and is just shouty and loud.

Harry_the_Spider

The Last Unicorn.

PiknMix
    Free Member

The water horse.

As above once was ok, but Christ over and over and over again. The last time I saw it I was willing the shells to hit him.

woody74

Actually quite like Frozen. Cars is pretty dull, luckily the girls think so to.

bencooper
    Free Member

However, the Penguins of Madagascar is truly awful.

It’s brilliant! “Dave!” And the names of the other octopuses.

Or do I just have Stockholm Syndrome?

martinhutch

G-Force. G stands for gerbil apparently not godawful.
    High School Musical was starting to wear thin after about the twentieth time.

LS
    Free Member

‘Barbie and the Great Fairy Rescue’ I think it was called, although it was a good few years ago now it’s still etched in as being the worst 90 minutes of my life.

The only thing I really took away from it was that during the ads for the upcoming stuff, another kids’ film had ‘Kickstart My Heart’ by Motley Crue in the soundtrack. It was aimed at 6-8 year olds 😯 😆

MSP

My Little Pony!

The post credits scene where they were taken to the glue factory was the best bit.

binners

As the father of two young girls, I consider it one of my lifes greatest achievements that I have managed to avoid ever watching Frozen

Dear Lord, the Peanuts movie was awful

Mrs Binners took Binnerette number 2 to see that, and she would concur, though the language she used was considerably more forceful

I think Alvin and the Chipmunks is the worst I’ve had to endure

GrahamS

Cars is pretty dull,

Planes is worse.

The elevator pitch must have been “Let’s do ‘Cars’ but with planes” and that’s exactly what they did.

I consider it one of my lifes greatest achievements that I have managed to avoid ever watching Frozen

As kids movies go, it’s actually a pretty good film watch ONCE.

mrhoppy

Planes is worse.

Planes 2 is worserer.

brassneck

Our first and last ‘Disney’ (barring Star Wars of course, but I don’t count them) was Tangled. Wasn’t all that bad but after the first song, No. 2 son turned around an asked ‘Are they going to do that like every 10 minutes??’
    They were oot.

somouk
    Free Member

I’m not even a parent and had to endure the horrendous film that is Nativity 2 with my niece.

BlindMelon
    Free Member

However Planes 2 has White Zombie in the soundtrack so its ace!

Bregante

It was made worse because I genuinely wanted to see it and wanted my kids to enjoy it as much as I liked the original (and Bilko for that matter).

had to endure the horrendous film that is Nativity 2 with my niece.

Actually that’s a good shout I think Nativity 3 pips the Topcoat movie to the post.

TiRed

Maze Runners.

“No superheroes, no kids book adaptations”. That’s my cinema motto now. Serves me well.

sweaman2
    Free Member

No one film on it’s own, rather the same film over and over and over.

Planes 2 is worserer.

Sweajnr (3.5) gets 30 minutes of his choice every day. For the last 2 weeks it’s been the last 30 minutes of planes 2 every evening… 👿

GrahamS

Our first and last ‘Disney’ (barring Star Wars of course, but I don’t count them) was Tangled. Wasn’t all that bad but after the first song

I quite like Tangled, there are some good gags in it.

dannyh
    Free Member

Lego Batman.

It’s basically the same joke recycled every minute for an hour and a half or however long the film is (felt like years).

On the flip side I really like Frozen and Sing.

WTF is happening to me?

Drac

Luckily my kids don’t subject me to trash the MIL takes them to those ones.

ratherbeintobago

Rio 2

sweaman2
    Free Member

Lego Batman +1 – People had told me it was good but I was very disappointed.

mountainman

Well it has to be Peppa Pig the movie ,absolute drivel .

Worse as i had to endure it during a hot afternoon viewing as it was a work client. so only bonus was that i got paid to watch it.

ads678

Cloudy with a chance of meatballs 2.

Absolutely awful!

davosaurusrex

Lego Batman is awesome. Fools.

the-muffin-man

Now Cars I didn’t mind at all.

It was my daughters favourite film for a long time – and all the model cars from it are in her ‘special toys’ box on the attic (including approx. 9 Lightning McQueens!).

She secretly wants to go and see the new one, but would never live it down if her mates found out!

Thankfully she was never into Disney Princess movies.

rob2
    Free Member

Rio2 is a good shout. Truly awful. Most times I prefer kids films nowadays – even the chipmunks. Good escapism. But the people who dreamt up rio2 should be made to walk the streets naked.

dannyh
    Free Member

davosaurusrex – Member
    Lego Batman is awesome. Fools.

POSTED 21 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

Yep, that’s pretty much the joke. Repeat in a stupid deep ‘uberhero’ voice every ten seconds for an hour and a half and you don’t need to see the film.

funkmasterp

None of your choices come close to the scary, insane cheap arse Puss in Boots film that’s on Amazon Prime. It makes no sense, the animation is just wrong but I can’t explain how and it’s freaky as hell. I’ve contemplated breaking the television just to avoid it.

Not a film, but the Tweenies. I could happily torture those foam faced bastards all day long. On a plus point Mrs Funkmaster put Trolls on for Funk Jr and when they started singing he put his hands over his ears and cried his little heart out. He did the same for Sing too. Never have I felt so proud. He shares Daddy’s natural fear of musicals.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 97 total)

The topic ‘Parents – what's the worst kids film you've had to endure!?…’ is closed to new replies.