Parents: how to deal with nobhead kids?

Home Forum Chat Forum Parents: how to deal with nobhead kids?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 101 total)
  • Parents: how to deal with nobhead kids?
  • Jamie

Can non-parents chip in?

jambourgie

Of course. I’m a non-breeder myself, hence the question 🙂

Just thought parents would have good tactics for handling brats.

allthepies

Post up an angry tweet on twitter ?

#nobber_y00t

crankboy

No tips for that other than call the police . Groups like that cause serious upset for a comunity and ought to be a local policing priority. Confronting them yourself will not end well either you batter one and get arrested or they batter you.

Premier Icon aracer
    Subscriber

jaime wrote:

Just thought parents would have good tactics for handling brats.

But all our children are lovely – why would we know anything about brats?

thegreatape

I thought this was going to be one for Harry the Spider, but perhaps not.

jambourgie

😀

Not angry, they’re just kids. I just felt sorry for the woman and old man. We were just as bad I’m sure, only difference being in the early 80’s you were likely to get a hiding sooner or later.

Premier Icon somouk
    Subscriber

Call the police and encourage neighbours too as well. The more it’s reported the more police will take note and eventually will start patrolling and bring in a dispersal order in the area.

jambourgie

Is it really a police matter? The oldest couldn’t have been older than 14. I was hoping for a proven method of getting them to pack it in, without violence, and without passing it on to the police.

Premier Icon taffy
    Subscriber

somouk – Member

Call the police and encourage neighbours too as well. The more it’s reported the more police will take note and eventually will start patrolling and bring in a dispersal order in the area.

pretty much it giving them verbal will see them verbal or biscuit you and giving none a clip round the ear will see you in the cells for assaulting one of the little dhalings.

unfitgeezer

Does it matter that they were speaking in Urdu ?

Were the victims white ? Do you think it could be a race thing ? If so report to the fuzz.

What part of the world you in ?

jambourgie

Does it matter that they were speaking in Urdu ?

Not really, just a lot of undecipherable noise (to my ears) hence the explanation.

Do you think it could be a race thing ?

Nah, just kids being kids.

What part of the world you in ?

Sheffield UK

Premier Icon somouk
    Subscriber

Is it really a police matter? The oldest couldn’t have been older than 14. I was hoping for a proven method of getting them to pack it in, without violence, and without passing it on to the police.

Anything you do will be seen as some form of confrontation. It’s not a 999 police matter but something they know how to deal with and have systems to deal with.

Those kids will no doubt grow out of it but it can quickly make an area unbearable to live in for a few years while they think they own the place and if unreported now when it gets worse the police will have nothing on record for it.

unfitgeezer

buy some headphones !

thegreatape

Chucking food at someone, hassling an old guy – definitely a local policing matter.

If they were in school uniform take a picture and send it to the school.

Premier Icon BoardinBob
    Subscriber

Years ago I was driving past a mates house and about a dozen 16-18 year olds were trashing his front garden. He wasn’t in but his mum was looking out the window in tears. Emergency stop, golf club pulled out the boot and I ran in and started clubbing them. Took about three of them down and the rest scarpered. Grabbed a hold of one and the other two crawled away. Made him apologise to my mates mum and clean up the mess. Then gave him a bash on the head and warned him never to come round this way again. Sometimes a sound thrashing is the only solution.

unfitgeezer

Sometimes a sound thrashing is the only solution

er nooooooooo !

jambourgie

Oldschool 😯

16-18 is basically grown men though. I draw the line at clubbing children with an iron rod. Until I have some of my own…

It doesn’t matter if it was biscuit or a brick that was thrown, that was an assault. Report it to the Police.

I would not get involved in confrontation.

Edukator

More probably Gujerati. When I was teaching a Gujerati-speaking colleague was able to translate some of the things I heard most, they weren’t good.

Premier Icon Flaperon
    Subscriber

The 101 non-emergency number seems to connect you almost directly to the neighbourhood bobbies round my way, but doesn’t have the stigma of dialling 999.

wrightyson

Good luck tackling that many. 14 or not you’d probably end up on ya arse at best. Hate the little feckers when they behave like that. Had a few “incidents” with a few kids lately much to the 12 year old daughters dismay!

Sometimes a sound thrashing is the only solution.

Not allowed anymore due to PC bollox, human rights crap & all the other shite that’s turning this country into the Mamby Pamby place it now is. Unfortunately.

Mind you, you could’ve always shouted at the top of you voice, ‘stop doing that at once, It’s naughty & you should be ashamed of yourselves, think of the people who own the garden & how they feel about your actions’….etc etc etc. That might have had some effect, like some choice words from their end back to you. Naa, I think the golf club idea was a good one.

jambourgie

I wish I’d stolen their biscuits at least.

brickwizard

I like BoardingBob’s style. Was it an Iron or a Driver lol good on ya

jekkyl

What sort of biscuit was it? Are we talking jaffa cake, wagon wheel or borboun? Coz I reckon a bourbon would really hurt.

chewkw

The PC human rights nanny state has taken away the rights of the people to manage themselves or their family members. You are basically the children of the bureaucratic state. Your life style is artificially being controlled by the zombie maggot state.

In the developing far east world we never/very seldom encountered such behaviour amongst teens at all even though we would machete each other to death (we like that), no teenagers would be so stupid to cause trouble.

Oh ya … nothing you can do I am afraid, your country you mess up.

🙄

boxfish

Water cannon.

rwamartin

I think it’s a police matter. Section 5 public order offence at the minimum. Nothing might come of the specific incident if you do report it but if it’s not reported a “pattern” isn’t recognised so in modern policing there is no problem to deal with.

A good neighbourhood officer will have some contacts in the community, maybe with mosques/temples etc. and might be able to tackle it indirectly that way.

Personally, I always felt that a midnight phone call to a parent to say little Johnny was enjoying the hospitality of our custody centre was an excellent way to galvanise them into taking action against their offspring’s behaviour.

chewkw

rwamartin – Member

I think it’s a police matter.

Why is it always a police matter?

You call police for this?

😯

jambourgie

So,

Out enjoying the sun earlier, walking back down the main road and there’s this big group of about ten to twenty young kids, all lads, making lots of noise and shouting in Urdu (all Asian), interspersed with plenty of swearing in English etc. Acting like boisterous little dicks basically.

Next thing I see them throw a biscuit at this Woman which bounces off her head (stop giggling at the back!), and a bit later something happened with an old guy at the bus stop who was stood waving his stick at them and shouting that he’s going to phone the police, with them just all shouting “F*cking Bastard” and more stuff in Urdu etc.

Now all I did at the time was stand there glaring at them, muttering ‘bloody kids’ etc. But what I wanted to do was grab the biggest one, hold him upside down and dunk him in a dog turd. Obviously, one can’t do such things as you’d likely be done for child abuse and carted off to the nonce wing. Nevertheless, I now feel I should’ve done or said something. If only to show that their behavior wasn’t acceptable. But what?

In the developing far east world we never/very seldom encountered such behaviour amongst teens at all even though we would machete each other to death (we like that), no teenagers would be so stupid to cause trouble.
    I’ve seen the same in India, youths being given a clip round the ear by ‘elders’ for being lippy or just disrespectful. Seems to work.
    Bring back the British Bobby!!

jambourgie

What sort of biscuit was it? Are we talking jaffa cake, wagon wheel or borboun? Coz I reckon a bourbon would really hurt.

Spot on. It was a Jaffa Cake. Now I really wish I’d stolen confiscated them.

Premier Icon edhornby
    Subscriber

Yeah it’s a police matter

the options are 1) police 2) take them on 3) do nothing

2 results in escalating agression and you are outnumbered, 3 means their behaviour is not modified

so you get the police to turn up and make their presence felt, nobody would expect them to start cuffing and bringing the TAU unless there are a few nasty ones in the group (and if there are you would be glad you didn’t go for option 2)

chewkw

edhornby – Member

Yeah it’s a police matter

In a zombie maggot bureaucratic state that is the correct option or option 3.

🙄

jekkyl

Not sure a jaffa ‘cake’ even qualifies as a biscuit.

Premier Icon coolhandluke
    Subscriber

Most parent with kids like these would just ignore them and open another bottle of * beer, wine, whiskey, delete as applicable and continue to chat with their mates with the occasional,” oh (insert annoying kids name here) don’t do that” whilst sounding so appThetic that the kid obviously ignores themmand continues with it’s mayhem,

rwamartin

Why is it always a police matter?

You call police for this?

Ideally no. I would like to live in a society where a) this sort of behaviour didn’t happen and b) that on the rare occasion it did, it would be dealt with by those that were witnessing it taking place acting together to make it stop. Unfortunately because people tend to cross the road rather than get involved or, when they do, are not supported or face allegations of racism/excessive force etc. we have to resort to the police to do society’s work for us.

your country you mess up.

yep.

yunki

I witnessed a very similar event to BoardingBob’s outside in the street where I was living one balmy summer’s eve..

It was past midnight, and I was sat with a rather lithe and accommodating young woman, passing the time politely, when the unmistakable sounds of a rumpus drifted in through the open window..
    Being experienced and sophisticated townie’s we hastened to the window to spectate as we heard the hullabulloo drawing nearer, and sure enough after a moment the melee turned a corner and entered our street giving us a grandstand view from our fourth storey flat..

It was hard to work out what exactly was happening at first, 10 to 15 youths in their mid teens involved in some sort of a skirmish, with lots of to-ing and fro-ing and scattering but not really any actual action or sign of distinct factions.. until a mate of mine emerged in the midst of it all with a 12′ branch ( I say branch, but bough would be a wholly more accurate description) ranting and raving and chasing the terrified youths hither and yon..

A champion boxer in his teens, although sadly turned full time alcoholic and embittered by hardship, this fella was a local character known more for his bark than his bite by then, although on this occasion he had very definitely slipped his leash so to speak and was looking for blood..
    I could see that he was starting to flag though, and although the youths had had far more fun than they had hoped for that evening and were keen to get home, I thought I would go down to ensure no-one came to any harm..

It transpired that the gang had attempted to mug him of his 17p that he had left in his pockets after a night on the rough, and outraged by this indecency he had chased them the 800 yards from the local park brandishing the first thing that came to hand.. He’d not landed a blow but when I arrived downstairs in my boxers I found two of the hefty youths cowering tearfully in my doorway frantically pressing all the doorbells in the hope of the sanctuary of a good natured samaritan..

We soon sent them packing and finished the evening with a few more scoops in my gaff, laughing heartily as we re-lived the scene whilst our hero regained his composure

😀

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 101 total)

The topic ‘Parents: how to deal with nobhead kids?’ is closed to new replies.