Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • parents-booking.co.uk – anyone else forced to use it?
  • Murray

My daughters’ school uses this for parents evenings. In many ways it’s a great idea, fixed 5 minute slots with no overruns, no crowding into a hall with all the other parents and children, no parking problems trying to get 1000 children’s parents at the same place at the same time.

The only problem I have is with the software. It won’t work with the microphones on any of 3 Windows 10 PCs – very standard, all fully up to date on patches and running Windows Defender for AV. Chrome and Edge show the microphone in use when accessing the site but the teachers can’t hear. The PCs work fine with WebEx / Teams/ Skype etc. Fire Tablet with Silk browser just doesn’t work – error 404 when clicking the meeting page.

Bizarrely, it works fine with Chrome on my Pixel 5 or Safari on my daughter’s iPad, all using the same WiFi to the same ADSL router so I can’t blame that.

Any ideas what’s wrong?

leffeboy

Something else will have grabbed the microphone first most likely.  For me I’ve an issue with Teams if Skype has been running before so maybe see if Skype is running in background and kill that?

joshvegas
    Free Member

You can fix the defaults for microphones etc used by software applications in setting… I think?

Murray

Thanks, just tried that – no difference

onehundredthidiot

It also Has issues with Samsung’s running Android and one of the iOS recent updates.
    Also if you have 5mins nothing really works for the first 15s and it cuts off with 3s to go. Also it stacks the appointments horribly for staff I’ve had solid 45mins followed by an hour with 1 appointment then solid 45 mins to end.

Tom-B
    Free Member

See if you can borrow Drac’s iPad?

muddyjames
    Free Member

Is there a do a test call option? If not an automated one, ask The school to do one for you at a different time, say one lunch time and then trouble shoot.

I have a similar problem with teams on my work pc that seems to get confused as sometimes I use BT headphones and sometimes I don’t and often I find I get no audio, mic or both. Obviously on a live call isn’t as great time to be trouble shooting so the test option is handy.

Have you tried plugging in a set headset, 3.5mm or USB

Spin
    Free Member

Also it stacks the appointments horribly for staff I’ve had solid 45mins followed by an hour with 1 appointment then solid 45 mins to end.

I assumed this was down to the times parents chose rather the system allocating times.

onehundredthidiot

@Spin mother of two s in my class says app did the times. Her boys were over an hour apart.

onehundredthidiot

I have a few handwritten sheets for this. One is “hold in I’m changing device”. Then I end up on my phone which works over school laptop/ipad

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘parents-booking.co.uk – anyone else forced to use it?’ is closed to new replies.