Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Parenting!
  • Northwind

Woman in my office is up in arms… Last week, her son beat the bejeezus out of another kid in his class. That’s just kids playing apparently- it doesn’t really count because he only had to make a quick trip to hospital.

This week, another kid uploaded a video of it to facebook- that’s sick and she wants police action taken against the kid who uploaded it. And why do kids want to watch such terrible violence anyway, disgusting! It’s all the parents’ fault.

So- beating people up, loveable. Uploading it- criminal. Watching it? Evil.

DezB
    Free Member

Kids have always had scraps at school – not loveable of course – but I can’t help feeling that the filming and uploading part are sickest. Maybe it’s me age.

fasthaggis

Is this like an new upgraded version of ‘happy slapping’ ?

Haul all the kids and related parents in to an assembly ,and ask them to debate it on stage in front of the school.
    Film it and post on facebook

😉

Northwind

The uploading’s queasy but the idea that uploading something is worse than doing it just strikes me as nuts. Yeah it’s OK to leave a kid covered in blood, it’s just not OK to see it on the internet.

GrahamS

Has she watched it herself?

Might provide some insight that her darling son isn’t quite the loveable cheeky scamp she thinks he is.

jekkyl

youtube link or it never happened.

yunki
    Free Member

kids fight – kids watch tv
    who amongst us didn’t gather immediately to watch a fight in the playground..?

now you can watch it again and again

molgrips
    Free Member

Me!

Hohum
    Free Member

Quite a lot of parents are hypocrites when it comes to their own children’s behaviour versus the behaviour of others.

Northwind

jekkyl – Member

youtube link or it never happened.

I’ll see if I can get it. But it may condemn you to being among the sick and depraved 🙂

Gunz
    Free Member

Kids exist in a digital world and this is normal behaviour she just doesn’t understand.
    I always preferred the more naturalistic option of standing around the combatents and chanting ‘fight, fight, fight’ while pushing the pugilists back in if they started to get cold feet.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

MrsCat’s colleague has a son who has been sent to A&E 3 times due to the continued bullying by one boy.

The bully has some form of statement so it seems that he “just does this type of thing” according to his parents and they are playing merry hell at the school because he has been excluded for a day.

Meanwhile the beatings and bullying roll onwards.

Some parents struggle to see that their children may not be the little angels they believe they have raised!

Gunz
    Free Member

Mr Cat, as this boy has been hospitalised three times isn’t it time they got the Police involved?

yunki
    Free Member

Me!

you’ve got to be the first to admit that you’re pretty special though Molgrips.. 😀

eskay

A lot of these ‘statemented’ kids cause merry hell in mainstream schools. There is one in both of my kid’s classes and they are violent and generally anti-social plus very disruptive.

On top of that they have a dedicated carer as well, how much does thst cost the local authority?

My old fashioned, and socially unacceptable view is that they should all be in the same place.it would save money and it would not hold back the other kids.

Both of my boys moan like hell about them, they get special rewards and treatment and seem immune to any kind of punishment.

loum
    Free Member

Does she know her workmate’s started a forum thread on it? 😉

freeagent
    Free Member

A lot of these ‘statemented’ kids cause merry hell in mainstream schools. There is one in both of my kid’s classes and they are violent and generally anti-social plus very disruptive.

On top of that they have a dedicated carer as well, how much does thst cost the local authority?

My old fashioned, and socially unacceptable view is that they should all be in the same place.it would save money and it would not hold back the other kids.

Both of my boys moan like hell about them, they get special rewards and treatment and seem immune to any kind of punishment.

My Daughter is having similar issues at school, being regularly attacked by another girl in her class who has some sort of statement.
    Apparently she lashes out because she is frustrated.

I played along until my daughter stopped eating her luch due to the other kid interfering with it (my daughter is a coeliac – the other kid was rubbing her bread on my daughters lunch) – this has nothing to do with special needs – it is just plain nasty and I think the other kid should have been excluded for it.

It appears a ‘statement’ can be a licence to create havoc and get away with it for a small minority of kids.

GrahamS

Ever consider what the “statement” might say?

e.g. the kid could be from a home where she has suffered a history of domestic abuse and violence.

Don’t write kids off as “bad”

Northwind

loum – Member

Does she know her workmate’s started a forum thread on it?

I was just thinking about this, it’s driving me mental hearing her banging on about it so why have I polluted my only escape route with the same chat? I’m a moron 🙁

grannygrinder
    Free Member

The son of a friend was started on by 2 other lads and proceeded to smash the pair of them. According to the parent of one of the 2 its all friends sons fault for retaliating.
    If giving someone few slaps after they have punched you in back of the head is wrong may i be wrong forever!

DezB
    Free Member

Ever consider what the “statement” might say?

e.g. the kid could be from a home where she has suffered a history of domestic abuse and violence.

Don’t write kids off as “bad”

Interesting that – does that then give them license to behave badly towards other kids with no reprisal? Shouldn’t they be the ones who are taught how to behave correctly in school if their parents can’t do it at home?

GrahamS

DezB: no course not, but it does go some insight into why they might be “violent and generally anti-social plus very disruptive”.

I have a close friend who is a teacher and it is eye-opening some of the things she says her kids deal with at home. And not just in terms of abuse.

She has young kids that are basically performing as full-time carers for their parents. Hard to fully concentrate on your homework when you have to cook the dinner then get your mum ready for bed and wipe her bum.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

@GrahamS – yes, but is that reason to allow this child to vent its frustration/anger/issues on another child, I’m sure it would not be tolerated otherwise. Just seems to exacerbate the problem.

@Gunz – I believe that it may have reached this point, from what I can gather the banging of the victim’s head on the floor a number of times seems to have escalated things somewhat.

GrahamS

@rogerthecat: it must be a tricky balance.

One of the many reasons I’m glad I’m not a teacher or an educational psychologist.

verses

What does “has some sort of statement” mean?

adjustablewench
    Free Member

I think if you can go to prison because your children play truant from school you should be able to be held responsible for their other behaviour. Parents with children whose behaviour is not good and arebtrying to sort will obviously be known and taken into account – statement or not.

I have 4 children and would feel completely responsible if their behaviour fell short

I look at parents like linda doran – with three sons convicted for murder under the age of 24 and am amazed bad parenting is not a bigger issue. Certain sections of society seem to get away with produving kids for benefits and then allowing them to be raised without any guidance other than computer games

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Parenting!’ is closed to new replies.