Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Parcelforce – Weather Induced Problems?
  • wheelz
    Free Member

Is anyone else waiting on stuff from Parcelforce at the moment?

Sent two items by Parcelforce48 on Monday and they don't appear to have reached the main hub according their online tracking system.

I'm also waiting on two parcels that also look like they're going to be delayed.

Is the weather affecting everyone's deliveries, or have they just taken a personal dislike to my parcels?

I have tried calling them about it, but they haven't called back yet.

domwells27
    Free Member

Waiting for something from Home Delivery Network, used the tracker to see it went out in the van yesterday morning but then went back to the depot a few hours later. Thinking they might have given up due to the snow.

Back in the van again today so fingers crossed

mtbfix

Not sure where you are but all our collections and deliveries are hit and miss due to the snow blocking routes and causing a back log of work.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    MussEd
    Free Member

Let's think about this shall we? I'm not 100% sure but I'm vaguely aware of the country being hit by what I'm sure the radio referred to as a severe weather event during the last few days. Now considering we seem to have the infrastructure of a bankrupt, corruption ridden, third world failed state things have been, to say the least, a little fraught.

Many people seem to have been forced not to attend their place of work, for fear of some apocaplyptic meltdown mainly involving lorries jacknifing, cars stuck on slip roads and lots of folk sleeping in hastily prepared community centres or church halls.

So whilst all this post climate change armageddon rages and Britain falls to it's knees, your parcel hasn't arrived? IT'S A **** DISGRACE!!!

Btw I ordered 4x Nokia 5800 stylus pens for £1.45 over a week ago from Ebay and still no sign. I feel your pain. Good Luck.

MussEd
    Free Member

Postie just been and still no stylus! WHY???????????????

muddydwarf
    Free Member

My mate ordered a Kona Kula from Wiggle last week & it still hasn't arrived.

Not really a problem, there's a foot of snow here & she's still recovering from her final bout of chemo so it's not like she was going to ride it anyway… 🙄

wheelz
    Free Member

Very good point MussEd.

However, these are two parcels I sent that have disappeared off the system. On the other hand, parcels that were sent to me by Parcelforce (and TNT) on the same day, by the same service, via the same route have arrived here with no problems.

Maybe I was lucky and the parcels were delivered here by a former Ice Road Trucker who joined Parcelforce for an easier life and can't understand why his colleagues aren't out and about delivering parcels in this weather.

Or maybe people in the 'central hub' where my parcels have disappeared into without a trace can't get to work because of the snow.

I don't know, but it is mildly annoying, whereas other issues related to the weather don't, quite frankly, appear on my radar.

Good luck with the Styli…

drain

Yeah, frustrating, stuff ordered from dotbike late on Sunday arrived Tuesday – brilliant service! – but an order from activesport on eBay allegedly posted on 29th Dec is still not here (postie's just been).

Hard to know how much is due to local conditions, I guess Buxton will have had it hard.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Parcelforce – Weather Induced Problems?’ is closed to new replies.