Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Paramedic hit with baseball bat on emergency call,by a …..ing. idiot
  • deviant
    Free Member

wwaswas – Member

iolo – should that rule be applied to people who have mental health issues that make them violent too?

Yes, if the violence caused by whatever reason (including mental health) makes somebody a danger to the rest of society then take them out of society and make the world a safer more pleasant place for the rest of us.

DezB
    Free Member

A bloke hits a paramedic with a baseball bat and it’s STWers who are vile? Okey dokey.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Everyone has the right to healthcare in this country, it should remain that way but we shouldn’t be attacked or made vulnerable. Being made vulnerable while providing this care is the issue that is hard to address.

Well put Drac.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

A bloke hits a paramedic with a baseball bat and it’s STWers who are vile? Okey dokey.

“some”

It’s almost as if you couldn’t have both isn’t it?

Rich
    Free Member

DezB
    Free Member

I only see their comments about the one.

brack
    Free Member

Yep definitely on the increase. And to be honest with you I am surprised at how few make it to the press – perhaps that shows how regular an occurance it is for the ambos ?

Personally speaking I have had quite a few close calls this year including a man threatening to drive his van through the front of the house ( I was treating his partner in the front room), a man armed with a sledgehammer wanting to get at his partner, and even today a VERY stressed angry relative who if given half the chance would have ripped my head off…until I managed to calm him down.

A very angry and getting angrier island we live on !

seven
    Free Member

blimey, i only come on here now and again, but I never fail to find a post that depresses me.

Both about the state of our society, but also about the ignorance of some of the posters on here.

hmmm, thanks for cheering me up.

off back to read the news about the good people of Glasgow at least that was positive given the events

grum
    Free Member

I only see their comments about the one.

Yeah, but what about the Rwandan genocide, hmmm? I can only assume by your silence on the issue that you approve whole-heartedly.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Now there’s an interesting question. I’ll link it to a comment often seen here that some of the posters write things that they wouldn’t DARE do or say face to face/situation…

Aristotle said – forget about the inside of people’s heads. Judge them by what they DO.

So -does having vile thoughts and opinions make you a vile person if you don’t act on them, only (in this case) express the desire to do so?

Just saying, lerk.

project
    Free Member

Weirdly i posted this up, because there are both a few who are paramedics, and just one day we all may need one, for one to be seriously assaulted while doing his job, and putting him off work and making him possibly think abnout his future job, i feel a good basis for a thread, sadly one or two hijack it for their own few minutes of fame, being a loud mouthed ignorant bigot etc.

As drac said we all have a right to free healthcare, and the staff providing the treatment deserve and must have respect from their patients/service users.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

That’s a relief, I thought I might have killed the thread, but a paramedic arrives at the last minute to effect a rescue! 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Paramedic hit with baseball bat on emergency call,by a …..ing. idiot’ is closed to new replies.