Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • pantrackworld
  • andybrad

So our pans are dead. ive been looking at replacing them and ive seen the analon ones that i like but if there any reason why i should go for something like those that are many times the price of a set from tefal?

Rubber_Buccaneer

So you aren’t interested in a rack for your pants?

sharkbait
    Free Member

I’ve pretty much given up on non-stick frying pans and have started buying carbon steel De Buyer pans for £20-30 which will outlast me. They require different care but I like them.
    If you’re talking about saucepans I just use stainless.

edit: we do still have one non-stick pan that’s just used for tomato based sauces.

perchypanther
    Free Member

or your singlets?

slackboy

I bought some analon ones (raymond blanc ones) that really didn’t last well – surface got scratched and rims worn away from being stacked inside each other.

Just replaced with some stainless steel zwilling classic ones – more effort to keep clean but I won’t go back to non-stick – certainly not after watching dark waters (!)

grim168
    Free Member

We’ve got some circulon pans that must be getting on 20 years old that need replacing. Just gonna buy the same brand again

IHN

For normal, i.e. not frying, pans, there’s no need for non-stick, you just want stainless steel.

In typical STW ‘recommend what you have’ fashion, we have some John Lewis own-brand ones that are now 18 years old, and still as good as new. My mum still has the IKEA ones that I had before I got the John Lewis ones, and they’re still good as new too.

stumpy01

We’ve got some of the Analon Circulon pans. They are good pans, although the anodising has been wearing for a while on the top lip. We use pan liners when storing (well, I do…my Wife just chucks them in), but it is hard to protect the top lip.

We don’t put them in the dishwasher – I’m pretty sure they wouldn’t have survived so well had we done so.
    I’m not sure I’d replace with like for like. Ours are getting on for 10 years old & have a fair bit of life left in them, but it’s hard to know if another pan set would also have lasted as long.
    I think they should really last ‘a lifetime’ but maybe that’s not reasonable?

northernmatt

We have copper bottomed ones from Sainsbury’s, 4 years in an no issues. Glass lids so you can see if stuff is boiling yet, lid handles do get effing hot though.

Le Creuset if you want extra STW points.

grum
    Free Member

We’ve had procook non stick frying pans for a few years and it must be different technology to the old-style teflon coated ones. We aren’t very careful with them (they go in the dishwasher and I sometimes use metal spoons for basting in the pan or whatever) and while they have got slightly worn in places there is no hint of the kind of chipping/flaking off you get with teflon and performance is still very good.

The SS pan set we have from them has been very good also though if I was buying again I might try and get ones that are bolted rather than riveted as while it’s fine now you can see that could be a point of failure in years to come.

joshvegas
    Free Member

Cast iron frying pan and stainless steels pots.no plastic on any of them so they can all go in the oven. And a carbon steel wok.

Afew early sticking failures in the frying pan but got the hang of it now and it’s great. Use it for loads of things including pizza sauces etc.

andybrad

standard stst tefal it is then. talk of pan liners and actually looking after them isnt going to happen in our house.

grum
    Free Member

Not really any looking after required for these

https://www.procook.co.uk/product/procook-classic-frying-pan-28cms

We use pan liners when storing

Literally the first time I’ve heard of such a thing!

shuhockey
    Free Member

@grim168 @stumpy01 circulon pans have a lifetime warranty. Just email them a picture of the bottom of the pan and a picture of the damage and they will send you a replacement. Email address is
    customersupport at meyeruk dot com

My parents did this two weeks ago and even though they have stopped making circulon they gave them a choice of pan to pick. They received them last week!

Edit: Meyer ask you to dispose of the damaged pan, so you don’t post them back.

footflaps

How I read it as well! Am most dissapointed….

grim168
    Free Member

Cheers shuhockey, will give it a go

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘pantrackworld’ is closed to new replies.