Panniers.

Home Forum Bike Forum Panniers.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Panniers.
  • headfirst

That one’s for mountain bikes not a road bike so isn’t the right size (different size wheels).

tonyd

I’ve got a Blackburn something or other rack, it’s been going for years. If that one fits (you have mounts, not sure about disc brakes) then it seems a good buy.

Edit: Seems you should probably ignore me!

Gah, wish they’d put wheel size on the listing. Shall have to go looking for some more knocked down ones after work.

trail_rat

Its mtn by name but will fit a road bike no hassle.

If you dont believe me go measure the od of your 700×23 an then the od of your 26x 2.1

Ive used my mtn on my giant ocr plenty of times and i sold it on my old fixie ( also 700 x 35c) . Cracking rack for the money.

So you think I’d be alright with that blackburn one trail_rat?

freeagent

Yep, it’ll fit a roadbike, I have one on my garage floor which i’m planning to fit onto my Boardman Hybrid. Only problem i’ve got is the top fixing straps a bit short, but i’m sure you can buy spares which are a bit longer.

Premier Icon ransos
    Subscriber

I’ve used the Blackburn MTN rack on my road bike – it fits fine.

Thanks all, shall get one of those ordered later tonight.

jp-t853

It will fit but I would reccommend a TORTEC as a better pannier

LINK

trail_rat

Blackburn MTN will fit but JP-t853s tortec is a winner – tis what i use now ! – as an added bonus – their disk version fits over surly endomorphs

A while back I asked around about road bike sizing etc.

Well, I got a Specialized Secteur Triple with the aim of primarily commuting and doing some touring. The later of these will clearly require panniers, which I was given a set of pannier bags by a friend. I still need a some racks however, so what would you recommend?

I spotted these on On One reduced from £45. Would they be any good?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Panniers.’ is closed to new replies.