Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Panniers for a Soul?
  • Zukemonster
    Free Member

I’ve got a bit of a tour coming up, and I was hoping to take my soul, but obviously no pannier mounts on it.

Any recommendations on a pannier? I guess I have to get one that attaches only on the seatpost? Are there any that clamp around the seat stays too?

Thanks

Z.

simon1975
    mansonsoul
    Free Member

You need an Old Man Mountain rack, which you can get from Carradice. It attaches through the rear squewer and either v bake bosses or P clamps, which is what you’ll need. They are strong, reliable, adaptable and rightly have a good reputation. I have a pair of their Cold Springs racks, and they’re ace.

valleydaddy
    Free Member

I’ve seen seat clamps that will accept a rear rack fitting if you don’t want p-clips like this

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/mpart-single-bolt-seat-post-clamp-with-rack-mount/

rootes1

Carradice SQR Trax, tour or slim – 16litre lots of room, though you do need sufficent clearance above tyre

trax

slim

or just got for a ‘proper’ carradice saddle bag – to do some massive ones plus you save the cost of the rack

lots on here
    http://www.spacycles.co.uk/products.php?plid=m2b5s73p0

Zukemonster
    Free Member

Thanks guys,

Those Carradice saddle bags look like they would foul on your legs, I guess they must be ok though.

Was hoping to get something I could use with my current pannier bags, but that looks unlikely, Will do some exploring!

Thanks

Z.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Zukemonster, if you’re after some of those ‘P’ clips, gimme a shout. I’ve got some you can have.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Look at teh tubus racks as well – p0lenty of different fixings available for frames without mounts

thomthumb
    Free Member

You need an Old Man Mountain rack, which you can get from Carradice.

+1 my mate took 40kgs of shite on the SDW on one of those and his soul. held up brilliantly.

the bike was barely liftable!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Panniers for a Soul?’ is closed to new replies.