Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • pannier rack advice.
  • wiggles
    Free Member

My commuter is an old steel Raleigh MTB. Just fitted some mudguards and want to fit s pannier bit it doesn’t have the top mounts. I know I can use p clips etc but I did have a pannier on an old giant that mounted to the brake mount bolt in the middle of the seatstay brace and am looking for some the same but can’t seem to find one?

Anyone know a rack that mounts this way that is available?

somafunk

Salsa do a seat post or frame mount clamp (rack lock and post lock), any good?

wiggles
    Free Member

Thanks for the suggestions bit it has a built in clamp so that won’t work and the post lock is a no go because it doesn’t come in the right size.

crewlie

I use an OMM rack on my old Kona, it fits to the brake mounts and through the skewer.

Not cheap but work well. It can also fit disk full sus if needed.

joshvegas
    Free Member
    cynic-al
    Free Member

Blackburn MTN1 style rack with a central rail.

P clips work fine tho.

DT78
    Free Member

are p clips called p clips or something else on places like CRC? not had much luck with their searchs.

globalti
    Free Member

Go and have a rummage around in the box of bits at your LBS, you’re sure to find something that will do the job. P clips will work fine anyway.

midlifecrashes

M-part rack at SJS

You just use a single one of the straps, taken from the centre holes on the rack plate over to the brake bridge bolt. If it isn’t long enough, a bit of builder’s metal strapping from Wickes does the same job but you might need to bend it in a vice and drill a hole or two.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

link

Blackburn outpost,

Can be mounted to your v brake mounts, also on the axle. Doesn’t need any braze ones.

I have the front version on my tourer. Excellent Rack

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘pannier rack advice.’ is closed to new replies.