Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Panic – what is wrong with me…?
  • ndthornton
    Free Member

Mountain Mayham tomorrow and I seem to have crocked myself! I went for a last ride in the rain on Wednesday and had a daft crash on some slippy rocks. I did a bit of cart wheeling down a grassy hil – got up and thought great – got away with it – no damage to man or machine. After 40 minutes on the bike though I was starting to feel pain and tightness in my lower right side, lower back and across my stomach – by the end of the ride I was having trouble breathing and driving home was really painfull.

Been resting since then and was 50% better by yesterday evening so went out for a large meal and a pint – after the meal the pain came back again really bad for a few hours. This morning its eased a bit but im still not right.

Any ideas about what Iv done? I didnt think there was any major impact so I thought I had pulled something – but then the big meal seemed to make it worse??

I havent told my team mates yet but Im quite concerned about being able to ride tomorrow.

patriotpro
    Free Member

Nerves are good! Get on the bike, do your best, just remember to ENJOY it!

Good luck 😀

buck53

Having trouble breathing and sitting down and you’re asking on a cycling forum instead of going to see some kind of qualified medical practitioner? Stop being a bloke and get down to the Doc if it’s that bad!

qwerty
    Free Member

Best check your prostate.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Just enjoy the weekend!

honourablegeorge

Would imagine it’s some form of rib injury. IF it’s anything like the ones I’ve had, you aren’t riding – I remember thinking I was fine, then I’d do something not-very-strenuous, strain it, and be doubled over with pain unable to move. Rest up. Doc isn’t a bad idea either, just in case, but assuming it is ribs, he’ll tell you the same.

ndthornton
    Free Member

lol – you mean this isnt a medical forum!
    Mayhemers dont need doctors!

buck53

Mayhemers dont need doctors!

Swoon!

ndthornton
    Free Member

right – im going to follow your advice and go to the doctors this afternoon.

Its def not ribs – the pain is much lower and there was no impact just a lot of unnatural movements.

Prostate sounds worrying though – can you get a cream for that??

arrpee
    Free Member

just a lot of unnatural movements

Immodium?

patriotpro
    Free Member

can you get a cream for that??

Clotted, always clotted.

andypaul99
    Free Member

11 hours into the race you wont feel any pain in your ribs because everything else will ache more! 😉

neninja
    Free Member

Did left side of your abdomen hit the bars or stem on the way over? Spleen injury?

It sounds like something worth getting checked properly for the sake of a couple of hours spent in A&E.

woody2000

Broken liver, you are currently bleeding into your abdominal cavity and most likely won’t last the day. Sorry

Maybe….. 😉

epicbleedsolutions
    Free Member

Have you cracked a rib?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Panic – what is wrong with me…?’ is closed to new replies.