Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Panic buying.
  • Ambrose

I bought 12 litres of UHT milk for work use. And I raided some salt bins in the next village.

How about you?

GrahamS

Usual: distress flares, shotgun shells, mantraps and beans.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I'm fine, thanks.

monkey_boy
    Free Member

did the usual weekly shop on saturday, didnt buy any extra.

the woman on the till was giving out saying people were buying 10 loaves of bread and about 8 litres of milk in one go.

i was expecting to wak eup this morning and it would be like the start of 28 days later the way people have bene going on

djglover
    Free Member

Toffo's, tuti frutis, and vinegar

fern39
    Free Member

We do like to panic in the UK. Can you imagine if we had really severe weather? There would be people running naked in the streets, losing their minds.

brant
    Free Member

8 litres of milk in one go.

would last this house about three days, at a push.

when I can keep it in the porch cos it's so cold, I do this, so as not to have to keep going to shops.

allthepies
    Free Member

>when I can keep it in the porch cos it's so cold, I do this, so as not to have to keep going to shops.

I have a device in my house called a fridge for such purposes.

😉

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

allthepies – Member
    >when I can keep it in the porch cos it's so cold, I do this, so as not to have to keep going to shops.

I have a device in my house called a fridge for such purposes.

Bear in mind, Brant is in the "North" and so still has an outdoor privy, pay 't mill owner for privilege of going to work, etc.

Ambrose

And then Mrs Ambrose brought home all the extra milk from her school that the blessed little one hadn't drunk- because they couldn't walk into school to get it- bless. It's sitting in the snow outside at the moment, 'cos it can!

scaredypants

Toffo's, tuti frutis, and vinegar

you're pickling your tuti frutis ?

spooky_b329

I find it amusing that in this country its always "panic buying", across the channel the government was actually advising people to stock up due to the same snow we've been getting.

TN
    Free Member

Well I snaffled me half a bag of grit from the bin last week (but I did do my and a neighbours path) and I bought a lot of tomatoes from the greengrocer yesterday, purely because they were there and they looked lovely. Otherwise, it's business as usual.
    If we start to run out of cheese though, things might change…

bigsi
    Free Member

Why are peeps "panic buying" its all bo00dy well melting in West Sussex 🙁

iDave
    Free Member

i can borrow some of the supplies from my bro-in-laws attic still left over from the Y2k bug…….

footflaps

I think it's pretty rational to have a few extra supplies in the cupboards given a weeks more hard snow and they'd be out of grit and possible unable to re-supply all the supermarkets at a normal rate….

spooky_b329

People are 'stocking up' on milk due to the tankers being stuck and loads of farms pouring milk down the drain. According to BBC news they said it was inevitable there will be shortages over the next week simply as the milk wasn't reaching the dairys.

So everyone ran down the shops, and Saturday morning the local supermarket and shop were cleared out, no powdered milk, just Basics UHT Skimmed 🙂

Milk…Cheese…you'd better stock up TN 🙂

rOcKeTdOg

i stocked up on that ready cubed ice for my dwinkies in case it runs short

Hairychested
    Free Member

People have been panic buying here too. There is no Bud Light left at Londis (50 cent per bottle) 🙁

Stu_N

Captain Flasheart, that's an impressive cellar if ever I saw one. I'm betting it's not yours, if only because you don't strike me as the sort to be so vulgar as to post a pic of your own cave. We'd be fine for wine until the summer, though drinking some of the bottles we have laid down would be a last resort.

As for food, went to Farmer's Market yesterday so OK for food for a week or so if it comes to it but can just about walk to M&S so unlikely to starve. 😉

I did fill a bucket with grit when I walked round to the local shop and saw the cooncil had just filled a grit bin, about half of it has gone. Most on the right angle corner by our house, a smidge on the drive and step. Still got half a bucket for emergencies.

Suggsey
    Free Member

Couldnt even get a loaf of bread and absolutely no freas veg as all the vultures had descended well before me. I just picked up a couple of basics UHT skimmed milk and some flour and yeast for the breadmaker and frozen veg- there was stacks of that. Just hope that we dont suffer power cuts or I will be baking in a borrowed Aga.

valleydaddy
    Free Member

haven't really bothered with extra, no problem getting anything round here.

Bread we make ourselves

Milkman brings dairy stuff, and he's never failed getting through in his 4×4 milkfloat hilux 😀

the rest we have a freezer full and loads of tinned gear that could do with eating, so not a problem if we can't get to the shops.

Gald to see Ambrose the teachers not willing to go with out their coffee!!??!! LOL 😆

colnagokid

I've been panic buying gas and burning it to keep the gaff nice and cosy for me and the dog.

Big-M
    Free Member

Yes, I went large on my BigMac meal last night!

Ambrose

Right then Pete-I'm round to your place when the Amman Valley glacier looms. Assuming that you have some decent coffee that is 😉

thomthumb
    Free Member

weren't able to get hold of bread or milk at the beginning of last week as people were buying so much.

makes me laugh – if there was a real problem i would not be stocking up on **** bread and milk!

i have been panic eating though – extra pack of biscuits today 🙂

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Panic buying.’ is closed to new replies.