Viewing 29 posts - 81 through 109 (of 109 total)
  • Panic Buying 2, watcha got?
  • Premier Icon bear-uk
    Free Member

£200 quids worth of drive chain that gave me the sweats and I resurrected my old bookers wholesale card 👍

Premier Icon ElShalimo

With the new 2021 bikes being released about this time, is anyone panic buying a new bike?

…well you know, just in case of future shortages

Premier Icon Daffy

fasthaggis
    Free Member
    Cattle Prod and an industrial oven .

I thought Germany was doing okay?

Premier Icon TheBrick
    Free Member

Bought a can of beef stew.

Premier Icon hot_fiat

ElShalimo
    Free Member
    With the new 2021 bikes being released about this time, is anyone panic buying a new bike?

…well you know, just in case of future shortages

I’m seriously considering it. The one I want is already largely sold out & it’s only been on the market for a month.

Should probably sell a few that I don’t need. Anyone want a massive crosstrail or an ancient BMX?

Went to costco and topped up on sh1trag, nappies and wipes. But for us that’s hardly a panic buy. Took the wrong car.

Premier Icon trail_rat
    Free Member

I had 25kilo of Caputo arrive last week.

But that’s a standard unit of pizza flour in our house now.

Premier Icon metalheart

Waaay ahead of you, ordered a gravel bike back in June or July. Got build date email the other day. Roll on end of Oct…

Premier Icon ElShalimo

@hot_fiat – which bike?

Premier Icon ElShalimo

Does anyone have a flour mountain from March/April?

Premier Icon Mister-P
    Free Member

Damn it, forgot the fig rolls.

Premier Icon MoreCashThanDash

Waaay ahead of you, ordered a gravel bike back in June or July. Got build date email the other day. Roll on end of Oct…

Yep, road bike due end of October 🤞

Premier Icon kayak23

3 barrels of methlamine.

Premier Icon DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Just collected an electronic drum kit.

Premier Icon roger_mellie

Finally got round to ordering Specialized mudguards for the Diverge after 2 years bodging some SKS guards. Well, winter is on its way.  Was surprised to find them on sale, as opposed to full price for winter…

Premier Icon jkomo

I panic bought a box of Peroni then panic drank it.

Premier Icon mrmo
    Free Member

F***ing wonderful, just imagine what December is going to be when the muppets are face with real shortages!

Premier Icon jamiemcf

I spangled a rear mech recently so I may by some new pulley cages and build up a spare mech from two donor mechs just in case Shimano have supply issues

Premier Icon jimdubleyou

Went to the yt shop in Guildford today. Once I’ve had another drink, I’m gonna buy an Izzo.

Don’t Panic!!!

Premier Icon cobrakai

Keppler merino padded shorts from alpkit. I want to test whether they smell as bad as my endura ones after a 2 day trip.

Premier Icon thegeneralist
    Free Member

I’m gonna buy an Izzo.

Can you tell us what it rides like….

Interested

Premier Icon trail_rat
    Free Member

Does anyone have a flour mountain from March/April?

Nope…. We have had at least 2 deliveries since flour gate.

Premier Icon jimdubleyou

Can you tell us what it rides like….

Interested

I only rode it round the car park, but it felt good.

Worth trying one as I would have bought an L going off the size chart, but the XL felt good.

Premier Icon smogmonster

I panic bought the last Nukeproof Mega RS in my size a few days ago. Phew.

Premier Icon kilo

Canyon 29er hardtail turned up today, lockdown ready.

Premier Icon nickjb
    Free Member

And we’re off again. Just popped out to top up on beans and loo roll* and there was a massive queue at the petrol station. Best to fill up now in case we aren’t allowed out for a few weeks I suppose.

*Not really, still got loads left from March

Premier Icon kerley
    Free Member

No need to stock up this time as it is clear that the supermarkets functioned fine. It wasn’t clear how well they would, what you could do in a lockdown back in February but we know that supermarkets will be open so no need to stock up.
    I have noticed that Ocado queues are back though so more people must be using Ocado again just as they did in March/April

Premier Icon chestercopperpot
    Free Member

A part of me would love to airdrop a 16 pack (just a pack a time) into a crowd of these arseholes. Watch (video goes without saying) them eviscerate it and slug it out over individual rolls, like when you throw a whole slice of bread into a raft of ducks.

I enjoyed the last round as much as black friday Blaupunkt telly tug of wars! If you pick the right music to go with it, it’s therapeutic and satisfying.

The clever ones always get in first.

Premier Icon Drac

No need to stock up this time as it is clear that the supermarkets functioned fine. It wasn’t clear how well they would, what you could do in a lockdown back in February

You’re still using your stocks then?

It was perfectly clear back in March they’d stay open.

Premier Icon MoreCashThanDash

Heard the news this morning and did a quick assessment – humans appear to have 2-3 weeks worth of everything in, but the guinea pig was looking low on supplies, so I went and hit the local independent pet shop for sawdust, hay and food.

They are not looking forwards to another lockdown.

Viewing 29 posts - 81 through 109 (of 109 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.