Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 109 total)
  • Panic Buying 2, watcha got?
  • white101

Ok own up who bought the sex pond from B&Q Silverlink I was just looking at????

One of you did after reading the PSA above!

tpbiker
    Free Member

4 packets of pancakes and syrup..

I’m going to be breakfasting like a king for at least a week

No panic buying up in Scotland as far as I can tell

easily
    Free Member

Is this really happening? I popped into my local co-op today, and all seemed normal.

Now that I know, though, I’ll be going out tomorrow to get a 3 month supply of teabags and fig rolls. Some things cannot be left to chance.

thegreatape
    Free Member

3 month supply of…..fig rolls.

Better stockpile bog rolls too then.

twinw4ll
    Free Member

Haven’t a clue I just open cupboards and stuff is there.

anagallis_arvensis

RGT subscription,last time I bought a turbo, useful now as we are in isolation

allanoleary
    Free Member

Stans sealant and decaf (Dr’s orders) coffee.

metalheart
    Free Member

fig rolls

I got two packs of those also.

Brings my stash total to: two packs. I’m not sure I’ve got the hang of this panic buying malarkey yet… 🤪

Mister-P
    Free Member

I haven’t eaten fig rolls in ages. Those are going on my shopping list. I may go mad and pick up two packs.

funkmasterp

A Genesis Fugio 30 and Frazzles.

MoreCashThanDash

Also got a strange urge for a pack of fig rolls….

stevextc
    Free Member

Pssst anyone got any quinoa?

Seriously? Last round there were people quite literally fighting over rice and saying how they were going to starve whilst packets of quinoa sat morosely on the shelf.

As its the end of summer our chest freezer is full from various legumes, onions and leeks are sprouting like mad, enough cucumbers pickled to stock a burger joint. Raspberries went mad this year so we have kg frozen, sorbet’s and purees. Getting to the end of the fresh tomatoes though.

jonnyboi

8 boxes of Eley No. 7 shot
    A caravan

Also have a turbo trainer table in order, fed up with using an old carbon box.

CheesybeanZ

Kool-Aid lots and lots of Kool-Aid

hugo
    Free Member

ceramic poppies.

Oh christ, that’s coming round again isn’t it.

joshvegas
    Free Member

A two ear headset to replace my one ear headset.

A coffee grinder so i can buy any of the coffee options.

I am getting edgy about sit stand desks being available when i get paid on Friday…

DrJ

Mince pies. They’ll be out of stock again in January.

muddy@rseguy

Managed to get some dried Porcini mushrooms and a jar or grilled artichoke antipasti so very relieved that we have those essentials again, we have some Parmaggio but its being rationed just in case…

As for loo roll, just remember the three sheet rule: one for up, one for down and one to polish.

beej

A treadmill on order. Considering an RC plane to go with it.

grum
    Free Member

SSRIs

Glad I have a good stockpile of good bread flour also (which was nowt to do with panic-buying, might I add).

P-Jay
    Free Member

Is this really happening? I popped into my local co-op today, and all seemed normal.

My local Sains was packed to the rafters with Codgers buying up all the bread and milk Monday night. I guess after last lockdown when despite it all, no one starved they’ve defaulted back to Panic 1.0 AKA ‘Snow Forecast’.

scotroutes

Brake pads for the bikes. Lockdown will mean a lot more folk cycling again and we’ll be in the wetter/muddier time of year.

peekay

A treadmill on order. Considering an RC plane to go with it.

But would the plane be able to take off on the treadmill……..?😀

ElShalimo

Easter Eggs …. this isn’t going away any time soon

beej

But would the plane be able to take off on the treadmill……..?😀

The plan for Lockdown 2.0 is to find out.

MoreCashThanDash

Mince pies. They’ll be out of stock again in January.

Good shout.

Have brake pads being delivered as we speak….

Coyote
    Free Member

Absolutely nothing!

Pissed of with the Daily Heil and Express whipping up panic. The laboratory engineered hate spawn of Hopkins and Farage, Julia H-B was posting on Twitter empty shelves in Waitrose and wondering how this could be. I went in Morrisons last night and all was calm and stocks were plentiful. Probably says more about the clientele of Waitrose than anything else.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Stans sealant and decaf (Dr’s orders)

Jesus man, just buy bog roll like everybody else. Your method is just going to end in disaster…🤩🤩

toby1

When my wife saw the Oz stories before lockdown she decided to order from Who gives a crap – toilet roll delivered to your door with some ethical back story (possibly just good marketing), we’ve bought a second box since, or perhaps third it’s not important enough to remember. It removes the need to stress about bog roll from the supermarket and usually means we have plenty in. Hardly panic buying though.

I’m still working my way through the 25kg of flour I bought from the bakers I like back in November last year Campillou flour, got a really good loaf out it this weekend after adding some treacle to the mix!

jimdubleyou

We did a slightly bigger than usual Tesco shop on Tuesday to build up stocks so we can survive two weeks without leaving the house.

Mrs Dubs works in a germ factory (secondary school) so the chances of us having to isolate at some point are pretty fair.

We buy our bog roll from costco, and recently bought some so I imaging theres over 40 rolls left in the cupboard.

Yak

Panic bought some new grips. Well I crashed on sunday and broke the end of one grip.
    Renthal traction kevlars – these the right ones for a long lockdown – yeah/no?

Bog roll. Well we are still on the pack of 6 we bought during last lockdown. We couldn’t get any so bought some massive commercial rolls. My kids had to build a new holder for these behemoth rolls.

easily
    Free Member

On the fig rolls thing:

The best food I have ever tasted was fig rolls with condensed milk from a tube. They were our emergency rations when I climbed Mont Blanc. On the way down we stopped to admire the view and ate them with lukewarm tea from a flask. I have never enjoyed food more.

fossy

I’ve got my brake pad stash – didn’t get any discounts on 4 pairs of Race Matrix at the start of lock down, so paid the normal £30. Still got them. Also two spare packs for MrsF’s SLX brakes.

Now I’ve been using the road bike more – hmm, must be a stash of pads in my stash box.

johndoh
    Free Member

Not so much panic buying as such but our local Sainsbury’s bought in a load of niche Italian flour (that they didn’t ordinarily stock) during the first round of shortages then, when they didn’t sell it all, put it on cheap so I have about 9 bags of pasta/pizza flour that they were selling off at 75p a bag.

fossy

@Yak, how’s your bottom holding up using commercial loo role. Oh my ! My Brother In Law will only use Andrex. He was made up when he found a packet of two rolls in July.

fossy

I’ve got a spare chain too !

Murray

I panic bought a lawn mower deck, electric garage door opener (and a WiFi box that lets me open it with Google or Alexa) and some whisky.

Not sure what else to panic buy. Freezer has food in it, garage has usual level of beans, pasta and tinned tomatoes. Just buying replacements as I use them.

Still haven’t used all the flour from 16kg bag.

scuttler

Oh christ, that’s coming round again isn’t it.

**** yeah – The Sun wot got Sir Captain Tom, Lord Beckham, and Baron Joshua of Hertfordshire launching its poppy campaign according to the front page today. Makes me so proud. This virus thing has got no chance.

scuttler

We couldn’t get any so bought some massive commercial rolls. My kids had to build a new holder for these behemoth rolls.

So long as (despite the operators best efforts) the dispenser tears off a one sheet at a time, I think you could call that a success!

Yak

Yeah, I reckon it’s a success. Although it is a low-tech dispenser (think big stick on a pattress plate), the natural use is to only tear off 1 sheet. Each piece is a double length to start with, so with a couple of folds you are on 3 wipes per sheet.

More efficient than regular bog roll I reckon.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 109 total)

The topic ‘Panic Buying 2, watcha got?’ is closed to new replies.