• This topic has 103 replies, 74 voices, and was last updated 3 weeks ago by kilo.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 104 total)
  • Panic Buying 2, watcha got?
  • Premier Icon thegeneralist
    Free Member

Seriously. I mean really. WTAF? Missus said Waitrose had loads of empty shelves and had run out of all sorts of stuff.

Surely people got this out of their system last time around…..

Pssst anyone got any quinoa?

Premier Icon GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

I called in at Morrisons yesterday to pick up a few essentials. The very nice lady overseeing the self-checkouts said it was bedlam earlier in the day. Lots of the older generation buying bog roll, rice, etc and said it all got very fractious.

Gawd knows what makes people behave this way.

Premier Icon CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Power kites and ceramic poppies.

Premier Icon tomhoward

The stuff I ordered during round one hasn’t arrived yet!

(Mrs has mentioned she’s seen pics of empty supermarket loo roll shelves on social media)

Have bought 27 packs of instant noodles though. A shrewd investment I’m sure you’ll agree.

Premier Icon theaccountant
    Free Member

My son says it’s been pretty quiet in the Sainsbury’s he works in – That’s in north Liverpool, so clearly panic hasn’t broken out everywhere (yet)

Premier Icon Mister-P
    Free Member

I wondered why the fruit and veg section in Aldi last night looked so empty. Didn’t realise panic buying was back in fashion.

Premier Icon imnotverygood

Nothing to report in Edinburgh. All looks normal.

Premier Icon simondbarnes

Tesco wasn’t too bad earlier although there was a bellend with a whole trolley full of bog roll.

Premier Icon matt_outandabout

watcha got?

N+1 ordered

Premier Icon Spud

Reports from friends that one of the local Sainsbury’s had queues of older folk outside and they were buying all the above up too. Muppets.

Premier Icon grim168

A bmw r1200gs rallye. Pick it up tomorrow before full lockdown

Premier Icon kilo

Sainsbury’s was fine when I did my parents weekly shop this morning, actually seemed a bit quiet. Maybe there’s not enough daily fail readers around here.

Premier Icon trail_rat
    Free Member

There was no 4 pints of blue milk at coop at 19.30

It’s not that unusual tbh. I bought 2 of 2 pints instead.

Premier Icon theaccountant
    Free Member

@spud How did your friends know what the oldies were going to be buying if they saw them queuing outside??

Premier Icon frogstomp

watcha got?

SRAM Code RSCs

(and bog rolls, obvs)

Premier Icon P-Jay

The **** gutter rags have been whipping the Oldies into a fever all week.

**** ‘em all. We’ve got a plan, the moment the shelves start to look empty the Shops have been briefed to start making people queue up outside again. It was the queues that solved panic buying last time.

Premier Icon neilnevill
    Free Member

Weve not bought anything extra but have registered and done online shops with 2 extra super markets…. So hopefully less stress based conversation around ‘did you get a slot yet?’. Although queuing at a South London Sainsbury’s for a couple of hours once a week was one of the more civilised experiences I’ve had this year

Premier Icon thestabiliser
    Free Member

3cwt of powdered egg, eight crates of ships biscuits, two of every animal, the full razzle back catalogue

Premier Icon grahamt1980

4 new lego sets. Not got a prayer of making them all as well be working through like the last time.
    But gives me something to look forward to.

Having a discussion about a campervan and maybe a potting shed so we can get growing food fast next year

Premier Icon longmover

The wife panic bought a chest freezer.

Premier Icon Northwind

New bodyshell for my RC car

Premier Icon coconut
    Free Member

The wife panic bought a chest freezer.

….. it’s to keep the body in… 😉

Premier Icon eddiebaby

Guitar strings, socks and ‘Sorry to hear about your loss’ cards.

Premier Icon thegreatape
    Free Member

Some new brake pads and a gasket for my motorbike.

Our supermarkets were all normal today. Additionally, despite being only halfway through our last box of who gives a crap bog roll, another box of 800 rolls turned up on Monday.

Premier Icon scuttler

Sex ponds back in B&Q at ‘normal’ prices. Or at least they were at the weekend.

Premier Icon fooman
    Free Member

I did buy some of my favorite bog roll just in case as we were getting low. Last time things were so desperate I had to buy 2 ply, I’ll write a book one day on the trauma that caused.

Premier Icon jonba
    Free Member

Kickr Core.

Premier Icon thegreatape
    Free Member

I did buy some of my favorite bog roll just in case as we were getting low. Last time things were so desperate I had to buy 2 ply, I’ll write a book one day on the trauma that caused.

Wise. I also have several rolls of high quality bog roll in my locker at work, so I don’t have to use the awful scratchy stuff they provide and end up with an arse like a Wigan rosette.

Premier Icon MoreCashThanDash

Not panic buying, but made sure that we had got rice, pasta and noodles, as we seemed to use up the last of the stocks last week. We have enough for a week at least

Premier Icon doris5000
    Free Member

I bought a pack of bog roll this afternoon, but that was only because I was running out.

There were no packs of onions in my local tesco, not last night or this afternoon, so I had to buy one of those 3-packs of giant ones. Who wants onions that big anyway? I have to cut them in half and put the other half in the fridge til next time. It’s mildly annoying, that’s what it is

Premier Icon Poopscoop

Only just learnt that Kent is gaining its independence from the UK so I’m good I think.

We’ll have a human chain through the chunnel to transport big roll, pasta, eggs and rice. All Covid secure as it’s underground so the 5G masts can’t infect anyone.

You foreigners will have to make do with what the Kent Foreign Aid package can supply I’m afraid.

Premier Icon mariner
    Free Member

I found several packets of Aldi Lentils in the back of the cupboard the other day. Must be left over from the first round of panic buying.
    Lentils, Orange Mousse Chocolate and the odd bit of cycling kit are the only things I buy in Aldi.
    Apparently cycle kit is back this Sunday so – nah cba.

Premier Icon metalheart

I did buy some of my favorite bog roll just in case as we were getting low.

This was me Sunday morning. A 16 roll pack (I’m aberdonian, special offer and it was the best value). Sunday pm putting bog roll away, ah, last time I seem to have bought a 24 pack… 🤦‍♂️ That’s me shittin pretty for the rest of the year.

I also picked up 3 (three) carex handwash things and a four pack (special offer) on Kleenex. It’ll all go by in a blur…💪

Oh, and a new set of hair clippers, despite the fact that I haven’t cut my hair in six months… 🤷🏼‍♂️

Premier Icon fasthaggis
    Free Member

Cattle Prod and an industrial oven .

Premier Icon stevedoc
    Free Member

A set of bearings from my front hubs and 2 gear cables . might even go a spare tube for the rucksack .

Premier Icon fossy

Replaced most of the drive chain on the MTB – cassette, chain, inner ring, bearings on freehub and a rear tyre – why, I’ve been riding loads more – all worn out.

We do have 4 weeks worth of cat food, with 5 of them, they go through £100 a month in food – just bought a load on offer. Oh and a spare 24 rolls of loo role in the garage – 2 weeks spare in case we need to isolate and a bag of tinned stuff (soup etc) – again enough if one of us get’s ill. We had nothing last time.

Premier Icon Poopscoop

fasthaggis
    Free Member
    Cattle Prod and an industrial oven .

Exactly what type of cannibalistic, zombie apocalypse are you planning for there?

Premier Icon captainclunkz

A 9 bar of the best hash in the north and 100 packs of Maryland cookies.

Premier Icon stevemuzzy
    Free Member

A vax ultimate carpet shampoo machine. 2 toddlers means much cleaning.

Premier Icon Drac

I’ve bought exactly the same as the last time, nothing. I can’t help but think some of the panic buyers on here last time must still have stock or at least feel embarrassed.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 104 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.