Viewing 40 posts - 1,281 through 1,320 (of 1,508 total)
  • Pandemic of soccerball season 2020/21
  • ElShalimo

It’s looking like Lisbon will host the Champs League final as the UK Govt is reluctant to give 3000 UEFA stakeholders/lackeys a free pass to enter the UK.

MSP

I am kind of glad, I am sick of all the finals and semi finals being held in London. It’s meant to be a national sport not a capital sport, about time more of the semis, finals and England games are spread around the country anyway.

All the authorities jumped on the “for the fans” bandwagon, but holding everything at Wembley isn’t for the fans it’s for the corporate sponsors and the old school tie establishment.

weeksy

It’s looking like Lisbon will host the Champs League final as the UK Govt is reluctant to give 3000 UEFA stakeholders/lackeys a free pass to enter the UK.

I’m 100% in favour of that in the current situation.

binners

If they hold it at Wembley under social distancing rules it’ll look even more embarrassing than usual when all the corporate seats remain empty after half time as they opt to have another glass of fuzz instead of coming back out to watch the second half.

In other news, Cavani has signed for another season. I was one of those who was sceptical when he arrived, but it looks like a masterstroke now. 9 goals in his last 8 games? But also has clearly had a massive effect on the whole squad

Best free transfer ever? To go along with our existing title of worst free transfer ever … Sanchez?

All because he had a bit of handbags with Neymar

martinhutch

Correct decision.

ElShalimo

Best free transfer ever?

Erm he didn’t really set the world on fire from Sept to March. 🤔

binners

Correct decision.

Is that an actual decision now then? This is UEFA we’re talking about here. They could just as easily change their minds and switch it to Moscow yet

binners

Erm he didn’t really set the world on fire from Sept to March.

He did have a touch of the Forlan’s to begin with. Immense workrate but the end result was lacking. At least he didn’t do a Forlan and wait until he left to start banging them in for fun.

And while we’re on about strikers coming good later in the season: Chris Wood scored again last night. An absolute peach, too! Great post-match interview. 😂

ElShalimo

You can also see Boris forcing this through to get some revenue for UK plc and to boost his image. He’s an idiot  but wants to be portrayed as the saviour of football, Covid-19 etc.

binners
    martinhutch

Well, the crowning of the champions has got you all excited, I can tell. 🙂

Must admit, it has felt particularly anticlimactic this time around.

weeksy

The whole of football feels anticlimatic to me at the moment without crowds.

binners

Not much anyone can do about it though, really, is there? It’ll be back to something like normality soon enough.

Whats really anticlamatic is that the relegation places are all sorted. Thats usually a bit more of a ding-dong towards the end of the season.

Well done to Citeh on another title. They’ve played some great football. Hopefully it’ll be a bit more competitive next season, but Pep has set the benchmark pretty high

weeksy

NExt year will be our year 😉

(Just for you)

ElShalimo

Porto will get the Chumps League Final. Decision expected tomorrow from those nice people at UEFA

ManYoo get to play in the wafer cup final in Gdansk

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

Trent once again showing up Southgate.

MSP

I don’t think so, his form was poor so he got dropped, his form has now improved and he should probably get back in the England squad, but there are a few options in that position so lets see if he can stretch that performance into a run of games.

I see ManU’s old school in commentary and analysis are still giving their mate Ole a free pass. Last nights game was really clear at the difference between a team who a properly coached and a team who are just put out on the pitch with the hope that individuals can deliver. I can’t recall a more stark contrast in the way players got into a defensive shape when out of possession, and moved to support the player on the ball and create options when in possession.

weeksy

Well, lets not be too hasty, Utd are hardly proppping up mid table at the moment. Sure they got last night wrong, but they’ve certainly been better this year than for a fair few seasons, if not always better, they’ve put the results away, which as we know can be the difference.

binners

We were absolutely all over the shop at the back last night. Mind you, we’ve never been great defensively, but it makes you realise why slabhead starts every game. It all falls apart without him.

I knew we were in trouble when we scored first. It was unchartered territory not being one down after ten minutes at home. I think it confused everyone.

martinhutch

Porto will get the Chumps League Final.

I do hope English fans haven’t booked their flights yet. Portugal’s ‘state of calamity’ already extended to a day after the final, plus it is patently a pisspoor idea to import thousands of Mancs from a region which will, by then, be riddled with the Indian variant.

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

Trent had a bad season … he is the second placed English fullback for assists this season ….. stats don’t lie. Southgate didn’t pick the first or second placed full backs this season …. they didn’t even get the squad!!! Picking on form he said and picked two right backs who do not even get in the starting eleven each week for the their clubs!!

dc1988

I think regardless of whether people like TAA or not or if he’s the best option at ful back or if he’s in top form etc… He can put a ball in better than anyone else in the England squad so depending on the game and situation I think he’s a great player to have in the squad for his crossing alone, David Beckham made a career out of it.

MSP

stats don’t lie

Representing a full backs assist numbers as his only value to the team could be considered rather dishonest.

I agree he is the best attacking option for his position, but also the worst defender, I think that dropping him has actually concentrated his mind a little bit in improving his defensive duties, AWB is improving his attack a little, and Walker is probably the best combination of both.

I don’t think Maguire or Stones are solid enough to be exposed too often through a tournament, so the full backs are going to have to do some defending.

binners

I do hope English fans haven’t booked their flights yet.

Another genius decision by UEFA. Did anyone expect anything different? Shall we have the. final in the country both teams are from? Of course not! Instead, lets make them fly across Europe during a global pandemic instead. ****ing clowns! It remains to be seen whether some sanity prevails and they don’t go ahead with this madness, but I’m not optimistic

martinhutch

While it would be nice to get a few fans in, it’s really not the priority. I agreed with the EUFA decision initially, didn’t want it at Wembley or Villa Park. Just play it behind closed doors, draw a line under the whole meh season and let’s move on.

binners

Who cares where it’s played? The location is meaningless. Every other game has been played in empty stadiums this season. So should this one. Flying thousands of fans across the continent in the middle of a pandemic, when you’ve a new strain of the virus doing the rounds is absolutely insane

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

My point really was that for him not to be even in the squad is wrong.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Oooooh, what a strike Tielamans! Hope Leicester can hold on.

theotherjonv

Wes Morgan!! Not a Leicester fan myself but I recognise a legend when I see one.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

I take back everything I have ever said about VAR 😎

nickjb
    Free Member

Gary Lineker can’t complain about it ever again

theotherjonv

That was some save from Peter’s kid

Anyone that thinks defenders and GK spoil games doesn’t understand the game properly.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Yep, he’s superb jonv.

MSP

At the end of the first half, I was rather disinterested and didn’t care who won, by the end of the match I was roaring for Leicester.

binners

Schmeicel is as good as his dad, and that’s some benchmark. What a save.

Really enjoyed that. I’ve never loved VAR more 😂

Mrs Binners meant to shove a £2.50 bet on Leicester but didn’t have her glasses on and accidentally put 25 quid on them instead at 4/1. You probably all heard the scream at full time

binners

What a contrast with the so-called ‘Big Six’ a lot of who’s fans absolutely despise their owners, to Leicester who all clearly love theirs.

You can’t not love Leicester really. As a club They seem to have got it pretty much spot on

imnotverygood

Don’t see how VAR can ignore the handball in the buildup to the first goal, but gets its micrometer out for the offside

theotherjonv

because it came off his knee onto his hand.

You may not agree with the law but the application is correct.

https://www.theifab.com/news/annual-general-meeting-2021

There will be no penalty if:

• the ball touches a player’s hand/arm immediately from their own head/body/foot or the head/body/foot of another player.
    • the ball touches a player’s hand/arm close to their body and has not made their silhouette unnaturally bigger.
    • a player is falling and the ball touches their hand/arm when it is between their body and the ground (but not extended to make the body bigger).
    • additionally, should the goalkeeper attempt to clear a ball from a teammate but fails, the goalkeeper is allowed to handle the ball.
    theotherjonv

Womens CL Final looking a bit one sided. 20 mins gone, Barca 3 Chelsea 0

loum
    Free Member

Alisson Wonderland.

Viewing 40 posts - 1,281 through 1,320 (of 1,508 total)

The topic ‘Pandemic of soccerball season 2020/21’ is closed to new replies.